• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASE 2-coin set on sale now

79 posts in this topic

Mine also, and the cancel box is gone also...

Now that silver dropped down to around $21.00 and maybe going lower the mint might be worried people may cancel, they should have shipped on the 17th like they were scheduled to at least mine was....

They started shipping. Finally got confirmed tracking info from mint. Sets on there way. Not too bad only three days late. :news:

Got the set today. I like the new finish alot. it really pops in hand. and no detectable flaws. still deciding to send in, or just spring for the 70s.

Received mine on the 25th I like the enhanced American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin pretty neat. Of course I love the reverse proof. I just wonder if the Mint will start shipping more earlier for fear with silver dropping people may cancel. My wife ordered one on the last day hers still says "unit backordered. Expected to ship on 09/30/2013." I doubt if a collector would cancel but those who purchased many trying to flip them may cancel.

I highly doubt if HSN and U.S. Mint officials are conspiring with each other. Of course, they are keeping knowledge of the aliens from us all.

Well I did not say anything about conspiring don't put words in my mouth, but I do see that the mint is now shipping the orders much earlier my wife's order now says 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/13/2013, and as I said she ordered hers on the last day they were available. Also the "keeping knowledge of aliens from all of us" is a pretty childish remark, some people like to stir up trouble I guess!!!

I do see that the mint is now shipping the orders much earlier my wife's order now says 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/13/2013, and as I said she ordered hers on the last day they were available.

That is crazy, I ordered mine the first day and it still shows 8/8

Here's my order status.

Product Name Quantity Price

(each) Total Item Status

2013 AM EAGLE SILVER 2-COIN SET (WP) 2 $139.95 $279.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 09/17/2013.

Can the TPG's offer a "Last Strike" status for me?

My 3 set 1st-day (within the first 15 minutes) order was supposed to be shipped 6/17, but got e-mail the morning of 6/17 saying they were going to be back ordered until 7/2. They actually shipped on 6/28, and was supposed to arrive 7/2, but UPS says they'll arrive on 7/1. Since UPS delivers late, the coins will go out the morning of 7/2...

My last day order (2.5 hours before the end of sales) was originally back ordered until 9/30, but is now back ordered to 7/15.

Early Release cut off is 7/24, and NGC waived the 5-coin submission minimum. Hmmmmm...

(Is it too much to hope that 32,000 sets are canceled to get the mintage below 250K? Probably. :) )

My 3 set 1st-day (within the first 15 minutes) order was supposed to be shipped 6/17, but got e-mail the morning of 6/17 saying they were going to be back ordered until 7/2. They actually shipped on 6/28, and was supposed to arrive 7/2, but UPS says they'll arrive on 7/1. Since UPS delivers late, the coins will go out the morning of 7/2...

My last day order (2.5 hours before the end of sales) was originally back ordered until 9/30, but is now back ordered to 7/15.

Early Release cut off is 7/24, and NGC waived the 5-coin submission minimum. Hmmmmm...

(Is it too much to hope that 32,000 sets are canceled to get the mintage below 250K? Probably. :) )

Found this online and thought it would give you some hope. :wishluck:

http://mintnewsblog.com/2013/06/2013-west-point-silver-eagle-set-sales-conclude-at-281310/

The 2012 San Francisco Set, which contained proof and reverse proof coins with the S mint mark. The last reported figure on the sales odometer was 251,302, which was subsequently adjusted to 224,981.

I have also seen ATS where some have cancelled their orders due to the price of silver falling. I guess the dropping silver prices are scaring off the flippers.

I think I originally said HSN bragged a few weeks ago they would have the set on the 2nd. I guess it was the 1st. , saw the show was on at 1am DVR'd the 1st hour looked at it a little this morning they had the ANACS 2013 RP70/EU70 FDOI 2547 sets.Mike says they purchased 10% 20,000 sets from Mint just to get 2547 sets graded 70, said people will be lucky to get THEIR SET from the mint by oct. nov. dec. if lucky.

Now I guess I should say "I AM NOT SUGGESTING A CONSPIRACY BETWEEN THE MINT AND HSN" As suggested earlier. I understand these guys get their stuff before we do. Mike was focusing on the Enhanced Uncirculated coin said he could probably sell that alone for $199.99 don't get me wrong it is a nice coin but will be probably be made every year now.

Mike Bragged about they are including the Mint Blue case with set a $40.00 value he says, like we won't get it with our set. $399.95 + 10 s&h 3 flex pays $133.32 plus giving away the free paper to get 4 coins graded for free, for each set purchased, not sure if it's really free never had one they have done this in the past, plus 10% off other coins if you buy this set. When I stopped watching after about 20 min. they were around 820 sold and said they will sell out in 1st hour if not in the 2nd hour for sure have not checked their website so don't know if they sold all 2547 sets or not.

Mike says your chances of getting your set ordered from the mint graded 70 are almost 0 %. Wonder how many are already selling this exact set on eBay, will have to check later.

All that being said, would you have bought this set, especially those who are sending theirs in for grading???

Found this online and thought it would give you some hope. :wishluck:

http://mintnewsblog.com/2013/06/2013-west-point-silver-eagle-set-sales-conclude-at-281310/

The 2012 San Francisco Set, which contained proof and reverse proof coins with the S mint mark. The last reported figure on the sales odometer was 251,302, which was subsequently adjusted to 224,981.

Right. I'll believe it when I see it. Now that I have my sets, I think there'll be less cancels than you think. These coins look great.

Last year there was a more legit (imho) reason for cancelling, the inclusion of the S-Proof in the C&C sets. (I should point out that the C&C set is still available, and have only sold 58.2K units. That still makes the 2012S Proof the second lowest ASE proof mintage (not including the RP's).

We'd need the same cancel rate (10+%) which might be a bit much. But hope springs eternal! :grin:

I think I originally said HSN bragged a few weeks ago they would have the set on the 2nd. I guess it was the 1st. , saw the show was on at 1am DVR'd the 1st hour looked at it a little this morning they had the ANACS 2013 RP70/EU70 FDOI 2547 sets.Mike says they purchased 10% 20,000 sets from Mint just to get 2547 sets graded 70, said people will be lucky to get THEIR SET from the mint by oct. nov. dec. if lucky.

He's pegging the BS meter at 11. I got my sets yesterday. ATS, they're grading 70% MS/PF-70, 30% MS/PF-69 and 0% MS/PF-68 or lower. (No pops at NGC yet.) I've looked at my sets under magnification, and all six coins look *perfect*. (We'll see what NGC says. :grin: )

If they only got 12.5% 70's, then ANACS is grading tougher than PCGS. I'm guessing they only got 2547 70 sets *SO FAR*.

(I spelled out the BS word and it came back as "wildly_fanciful_statement". Should have been "wildly_factual_statement", lol...)

Now I guess I should say "I AM NOT SUGGESTING A CONSPIRACY BETWEEN THE MINT AND HSN" As suggested earlier. I understand these guys get their stuff before we do. Mike was focusing on the Enhanced Uncirculated coin said he could probably sell that alone for $199.99 don't get me wrong it is a nice coin but will be probably be made every year now.

The mint is supposed to have a strict FIFO policy. But it's not hard to imagine that at HSN and the other big buyers, that they'd have 20 people on the phone at the start of sales, and the first one through to the mint orders 20K sets, maybe with a pre-approved PO. Then instead of taking delivery, have them shipped directly to one of the graders. (ANACS in this case.)

Mike says your chances of getting your set ordered from the mint graded 70 are almost 0 %. Wonder how many are already selling this exact set on eBay, will have to check later.

He's technically correct, since the mint doesn't sell graded coins. Doesn't mean the BS meter didn't go up to 12, though.

All that being said, would you have bought this set, especially those who are sending theirs in for grading???

Hell no. After seeing the PCGS pops and examining my own coins, I'll take my chances having my own graded. As a matter of fact, they're going out to our hosts this morning. :cool:

I ordered my 2 sets on 5/22, my back order date is 9/17?!?!?!?!

Order Date: 05/22/2013 at 10:40 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Shipping Method:

Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.

Tracking Number(s):

Tracking number and carrier link

not available for this shipment.

(each) Total Item Status

2013 AM EAGLE SILVER 2-COIN SET (WP) 2 $139.95 $279.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 09/17/2013.

I ordered my 2 sets on 5/22, my back order date is 9/17?!?!?!?!

Order Date: 05/22/2013 at 10:40 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Shipping Method:

Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.

Tracking Number(s):

Tracking number and carrier link

not available for this shipment.

(each) Total Item Status

I just checked my wife's status again, now it says the same as yours mikew148

1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 09/17/2013. Still has the box to cancel.

Who knows the mint is always changing things especially shipping dates

The mint is supposed to have a strict FIFO policy. But it's not hard to imagine that at HSN and the other big buyers, that they'd have 20 people on the phone at the start of sales, and the first one through to the mint orders 20K sets, maybe with a pre-approved PO. Then instead of taking delivery, have them shipped directly to one of the graders. (ANACS in this case.)

I have heard others state the mint actually works on a FILO, so who really knows? Plus what happens to those cancelled orders -- do they get melted, or ???

Still hoping for a Last Strike designation (AKA Last Out) :)

Best Regards to all.

I have heard others state the mint actually works on a FILO, so who really knows?

Well, start posting order numbers.

My original order was 4148008X (on my order summary printout), which magically morphed into 4148013X by the time it made it my e-mail confirmation and online order history. (No, I don't think there was any funny business having 50 orders slipped in before mine.... No, not at all... :eyeroll:)

4148013X was shipped 6/28.

My second (last day order) is 41749XXX. Backordered now until 9/17. (This date has changed four times now, so I regard it as highly unreliable, but there you are.)

Plus what happens to those cancelled orders -- do they get melted, or ???

My suspicion is (and it's the same for last year's set), is the reason there's such a delay and waves of shipped sets, is the mint will inspect and refurbish (e.g. replace capsules) or recycle (in case of damaged or discolored coins), etc.) returned sets and put the components back in the set assembly queue. Once that happens, they'll know exactly how much more packaging they'll need, and how many more blanks they'll have to press.

Cynical, yes, but if the coins returned are from some unscrupulous cherry picker (i.e. ordered 20 sets, then returned 15), there really isn't anything *wrong* with the coins from the mint's perspective. (It would also explain the mint's shipping behavior.)

Still hoping for a Last Strike designation (AKA Last Out) :)

Get in line. It starts behind me. :grin:

Here's an idea for the mint...

During the first week of open sales like these, allow unlimited orders, but restrict each order to 5 sets or less. That would stop the HSN's from delaying everyone else's order, and put everyone on an even footing. After the first week, anyone would be free to order 10K sets if they wanted to.

Now the big buyers could still put in 4000 orders, but it'd be much more spread out. Not like having to allocate 20K sets all at one time for one customer.

If this idea's been floated before, then disregard this notice... :)

Overall, I would have liked all 70's, but I'm not complaining!

001 2013 W EAGLE REVERSE PF EARLY RELEASES S$1 PF 70

002 2013 W EAGLE EARLY RELEASES S$1 SP 70 ENHANCED FINISH

003 2013 W EAGLE REVERSE PF EARLY RELEASES S$1 PF 69

004 2013 W EAGLE EARLY RELEASES S$1 SP 70 ENHANCED FINISH

005 2013 W EAGLE REVERSE PF EARLY RELEASES S$1 PF 70

006 2013 W EAGLE EARLY RELEASES S$1 SP 69 ENHANCED FINISH

Don't have them in had yet. Have yet to see if I can find a flaw on the 69's... Heh...

Guest Golddog3

Received mine after the post office sent them to the wrong city for grading. Reverse was PF70, the Enhanced SP69 First Release and is now up for sale.