• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASE 2-coin set on sale now

79 posts in this topic

For you ASE fans, the 2-coin West Point set is now on sale. I got a 6/17 ship date, did anyone get a different one? Just curious. :whee:

Same here also. I ordered my 1 set for my collection. I don't understand why the mint got soo backed up again when there is not mintage limit on these sets. I just decided to get in thinking it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Swamped like all the rest of the ordering times!!

Wow, I also just noticed I've had the great pleasure of knowing many of you for 7 yrs today! (thumbs u

Same here also. I ordered my 1 set for my collection. I don't understand why the mint got soo backed up again when there is not mintage limit on these sets. I just decided to get in thinking it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Swamped like all the rest of the ordering times!!

Wow, I also just noticed I've had the great pleasure of knowing many of you for 7 yrs today! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

(thumbs u :hi:

Hi everyone.

I was able to place my order but it took about 35 minutes to process. I actually received my confirmation email from the US mint while the order screen was still hanging on the update page. Somehow my order was processed.

The ship date for my order shows as 6/17/2013 and the order number is 41481491.

My assumption why the order site is so busy on hour one of the sale is caused by buyers looking to flip and make a profit. By getting their order in early, they will have their certified sets back and on the market (ebay) before some orders even ship. If you place an order online now, the ship date is 7/25/2013. That's over a month longer wait for your order if you were one of the lucky ones to get in and order early.

Just my opinion.

Good luck all and happy collecting.

John

Hi everyone.

I was able to place my order but it took about 35 minutes to process. I actually received my confirmation email from the US mint while the order screen was still hanging on the update page. Somehow my order was processed.

The ship date for my order shows as 6/17/2013 and the order number is 41481491.

My assumption why the order site is so busy on hour one of the sale is caused by buyers looking to flip and make a profit. By getting their order in early, they will have their certified sets back and on the market (ebay) before some orders even ship. If you place an order online now, the ship date is 7/25/2013. That's over a month longer wait for your order if you were one of the lucky ones to get in and order early.

Just my opinion.

Good luck all and happy collecting.

John

FYI don't show your order # ,it can be used by some unscrupulous person. They warn you because they have had issues in the past.

I went ahead and bought 1 set for myself....not worried about flipping but I think the set has some long term potential so we shall see. oh and my shipping date says 8/08 so I don't think I am getting in on the ground floor for flipping lol

I went ahead and bought 1 set for myself....not worried about flipping but I think the set has some long term potential so we shall see. oh and my shipping date says 8/08 so I don't think I am getting in on the ground floor for flipping lol

WTH? hm

Almost three months from order date? What's the holdup at the mint?

That's basically what I did too Shane. I like that Enhanced ASE and just wanted the set for my collection. Me, nor my budget, is really in to flipping anyway. lol There may wind up being a million of these but at least I'll have one. My ship date still shows 06/17.

That's basically what I did too Shane. I like that Enhanced ASE and just wanted the set for my collection. Me, nor my budget, is really in to flipping anyway. lol There may wind up being a million of these but at least I'll have one. My ship date still shows 06/17.

Ditto. I bought 2. One for myself and one for potential. I don't plan on selling the second set for a long time. I was lucky to get a ship date of 6/17.

I'm very interested to see what this new coin looks like in hand.

I had no issues ordering mine like many of you did. This might be because I was at work and didn't have a chance to order until 6pm that evening. My Ship date is 8/8. seems like a LONG time away as some others have already pointed out but I had just gotten the set for my collection with no plans on flipping so it will work for me.

Does anyone have the records from last years sale? I am thinking that 140,000 sets is up from last year, just didn't know how much.

Talk about flipping, their all ready selling them on eBay. You can get yours at a cool $170 + $10 for shipping. :takeit:

One guy has already sold a couple at @219.99 + 11.30 for shipping.

Presale listings have to ship within 30 days of auction end yet eBay lets these listings slide while the saps that bought still have 26 days to order from the mint.

Talk about flipping, their all ready selling them on eBay. You can get yours at a cool $170 + $10 for shipping. :takeit:

One guy has already sold a couple at @219.99 + 11.30 for shipping.

Presale listings have to ship within 30 days of auction end yet eBay lets these listings slide while the saps that bought still have 26 days to order from the mint.

doh!

Ship date is now 9/30.

Perhaps when we do our taxes we should give ship dates for our checks 4+ months later.

Better idea, delay welfare checks for 4 months.

I don't really care about the ship dates of the coins since I do not plan to flip. I still have boxes of proof sets I bought from the mint over 10 years ago I have not opened....well they worth less than the mint price from back then anyway. Win some, lose some.

I got some mail from the mint this morning that my 2013W Set order that was supposed to be shipped today (order placed less than an hour after they went on sale) will be backordered until 7/2/13. :(

My order page still says 6/17, but the pending charge on my credit card has been removed.

Anyone else? Am I going to be squeezed on Early Release now, or did they do this to everyone?

Received the same email, I ordered 1st ten minutes...

I wonder if it has anything to do with the comment Mike made on the HSN coin show last night about them having the 2013 SILVER EAGLE 2-COIN SET on July 2nd or 3rd. Mint just does not want us the common collector to have them in our hands before the great HSN coin show with Mike M. who bragged last night that he has sold hundreds and hundreds of million dollars worth of coins on HSN "His words" which are probably true, so in my opinion that is why they are going to hold up our shipment until Mike gets his triple price for them, just my opinion....