• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Silver Eagles

2 posts in this topic

Is the mint serious?

Well first, my wife and I have sold our house and will be moving to Maryland on May 21st. We're very excited to be back closer to family.

Now, I just looked at the mint website to see when the two coin West Point Eagle set is going to be released. I was absolutely shocked at the price tag: $139!! I can't believe they're charging that much for two ounces of silver.

I'm sure they'll have a good selling, but it will be awhile before I get them on the secondary market...

Happy collecting,

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Last year's 2-coin set sold for $149.95 with silver selling for $32/oz. I too miss buying a proof eagle from the mint for $24, and the Uncirculated "W" coins for $19.95, and the 2006 20th Anniv 3-coin set for just $100- when silver was at $8/oz. That was about about a 3:1 ratio of per coin cost to spot price, which is still about the same today. That's the market, What can we do?