• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884CC Morgan

13 posts in this topic

Sure, I'll take a shot. I'd give it a 62-63. From the pictures, the Obverse looks nice. There are a few hits on the cheek and a few scattered marks in the fields. The Reverse looks pretty clean from what I can see. Very nice though!

I agree with the 62-63 range. The reverse looks really clean, but may just be the image. The seller has 3 1883CC and 3 1884CC, this is the only picture I have but will see them on Thursday.

Yes. Don't take them out of the GSA holders. Some only look for them in the holder.

Will TPGs grade these in the GSA holder?

MS62-63 and yes, NGC will definitely grade these in the holders. They are more valuable that way.

ANACS will also grade these in the holder, but PCGS will not. PCGS will but GSA Hoard on their label once it's slabbed, but IMO, you'd rather keep it in the OGP. NGC will garner more return in the market than ANACS, so if you want it graded, your best choice is NGC.

Anacs/NGC will grade in the holder, PCGs will remove from holder and note "GSA HOARD" on their slab.

I think being a CC GSA, it will grade 63. TPG's tend to go easy on GSA Carson city dollars for some reason. I don't know for sure why, I hear people say it's because pf how they were transported..? But they really do.

Anacs/NGC will grade in the holder, PCGs will remove from holder and note "GSA HOARD" on their slab.

I think being a CC GSA, it will grade 63. TPG's tend to go easy on GSA Carson city dollars for some reason. I don't know for sure why, I hear people say it's because pf how they were transported..? But they really do.

Agree about the grading of GSA's. I've seen 65's that should be 63's and those aren't isolated incidents.