• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another oddity from my recent Northern New York trip by John M. Robinson II

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Ok, I was not referring to myself

In my previous post I showed a Lincoln Cent that had -- extra metal -- connecting dates numbers together. I am now posting another oddity I picked up in Northern New York.

This coin, if real, is an off-centered planchet but, I can not tell of which coin. The dealer who sold it was not present and I obtained the planchant from a huge bin, separated into baskets, of U.S. and foreign coinage. Most, but not all, of the foreign coins were Canadian.

Since this coin has an partical imprint of the words -- nited S -- it is most certainly an United States coinage. The color is of a golden tone very similar to the Presidential and Sacagawea Dollar coins. The size, however, is much smaller. This planchant is slightly smaller then a Dime and closer to the size of a Cent. What appears to be a partial rim is also visible and does not react to a magnet.

Any comments or suggestions in regards to the attached image will be much appreciated. Personally, I have no knowledge of this coin except to say that it looks cool.

Best wishes to all and I hope all will have fun during their coin adventures.

13555.jpg

See more journals by John M. Robinson II