• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mini hoard of EOR toners, pics inside

30 posts in this topic

Some very attractive additions. Love the color schemes. One of them looks like Roosie used sun block while toning!

The toning on the 1st reverse you posted is awesome!

There has been a recent post here at this board that has called into question the way some long-time board members respond to newer members. I mention this because I'm not sure now how to respond to this thread. Does the OP want a critique of the dimes he posted? I'm not sure. I'd like to help the OP but I may presume too much here about that...I dunno. (shrug)

jom

There has been a recent post here at this board that has called into question the way some long-time board members respond to newer members. I mention this because I'm not sure now how to respond to this thread. Does the OP want a critique of the dimes he posted? I'm not sure. I'd like to help the OP but I may presume too much here about that...I dunno. (shrug)

jom

That recent post has limited the extent of my honesty with respect to these dimes.

In it's place, I'll say welcome to the forums.

I'll voice what some I believe are perhaps questioning. It might be the photography, but the colors on these dimes just don't look right.

Either way, if you like them that's what matters.

I'll voice what some I believe are perhaps questioning. It might be the photography, but the colors on these dimes just don't look right.

Either way, if you like them that's what matters.

This. The color and color patterns don't look like natural toning to me.

I see nothing wrong with the pattern of toning at all... I didnt buy them because the nicest toners on reverse toners

jom

Not quite clear about the recent post you are referring to. May I suggest that an honest response is always appropriate. After all it's an opinion.

Back to the OP s post. The pics show questionable toning. Color progression and the play of colors on the devices. IMHO AT.

Carl

I was referring to the post by Deer I think.

Anyways, based on the photos those Rooseys look blatantly AT.

The first thing I noticed was the actual color. Of course, if the photos are "off" then that could be the reason.

The other is that the toning doesn't have the elevation chromatics (as defined by Brandon at Jhon E. Cash) thing going. The color floats over the devices in places. To me that's another sign.

However, let me point out that if the OP likes the coins and he likes the price he paid it should matter a lick what the rest of us think. The OP paid for the coins not us. You should buy what you like. Period. That shouldn't change because some of us knuckleheads think something else. :kidaround:

jom

Jon, are you basing your opinion on an in hand inspection or the photographs in the initial post?

Pictures Kenny, The pics are a little off I bet. The toning pattern however look spot on for EOR roosie IMHO

Jon, are you basing your opinion on an in hand inspection or the photographs in the initial post?

Pictures Kenny, The pics are a little off I bet. The toning pattern however look spot on for EOR roosie IMHO

I respectfully disagree.

jom

I respectfully disagree.

jom

Understadable, many people need to see a coin graded before they like it

I see they felt AT across the street as well.... Just goes to show much people reply on TPG's I guess

I'm not sure what you mean. Is it a thread you are referring to or were the coins sent to PCGS?

Whatever the case, I (personally) didn't rely on the TPG since there hasn't been any evidence the coins have been evaluated by any TPG. They just don't look right...of course, it doesn't help the photos might be a bit off but the patterns still look phoney.

But like I said if the OP likes the coins who cares what the rest of us think?

jom

I was referring to him asking for their opinion on them ATS, and the fact that people are scared of raw toned coins. I dont think it was a good question to ask on the boards here since most people dont have a clue when it comes to pretty raw toners.

It could be the images for sure but the coins immediately looked AT to me and I know what I am looking at lol

The fact that the op said the coins look more neon in hand is a plus as these images look like diffused lighting was used and that could be the culprit as far as folks doubting if the coins are indeed NT hm

I respectfully disagree.

jom

Understadable, many people need to see a coin graded before they like it

I have no problem buying raw toned coins, but I don't trust the colors and the pattern on the coins. It looks reminiscent of toning that I have seen reproduced using, among other things, match sticks. Frankly, if NGC and PCGS were to disagree with me and slab the coins, I still wouldn't be convinced unless the photographs are grossly misrepresenting the true quality of the coins in hand.

It could be the images for sure but the coins immediately looked AT to me and I know what I am looking at lol

The fact that the op said the coins look more neon in hand is a plus as these images look like diffused lighting was used and that could be the culprit as far as folks doubting if the coins are indeed NT hm

I think the OP should send them to you for imaging/evaluation.

I think the OP should send them to you for imaging/evaluation.

I'll do it for free if it means he gets to know for sure that what he has is real or fake once and for all.

Frankly, if NGC and PCGS were to disagree with me and slab the coins, I still wouldn't be convinced unless the photographs are grossly misrepresenting the true quality of the coins in hand.

I agree with this. PCGS and NGC have both slabbed what I would call "AT" coins but maybe they would feel the coins are MA...which really is the ONLY criteria they use in determining whether they slab the coin.

There you go whitenight!!! Free pics and you get to silence the naysayers!!! Id take that offer (thumbs u

I fail to see how Krypton taking photos of the coins silences the naysayers but whatever....

jom

Frankly, if NGC and PCGS were to disagree with me and slab the coins, I still wouldn't be convinced unless the photographs are grossly misrepresenting the true quality of the coins in hand.

I agree with this. PCGS and NGC have both slabbed what I would call "AT" coins but maybe they would feel the coins are MA...which really is the ONLY criteria they use in determining whether they slab the coin.

There you go whitenight!!! Free pics and you get to silence the naysayers!!! Id take that offer (thumbs u

I fail to see how Krypton taking photos of the coins silences the naysayers but whatever....

jom

The offer was for pics and evaluation

jom

Because real pics will shine a different light.... Except for people that beleive in elevation chromatics

jom

Perhaps an in hand opinion from someone who knows a lot about toned coins coupled with the pics lol