• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are Lincoln Shield Cents being slabbed with the reverse showing on the front

4 posts in this topic

This is the third time I have submitted this question, but so far it has not been "approved" for this forum. I apologize if this is a sensitive subject. I'll try to be tactful.

My simple question - Why are the regular issue Shield cents being slabbed face down (reverse showing on the front of the slab)?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. When the first Union Shield cents were released in 2010 we holdered them with the shield side up to highlight the new design. We have continued to holder this side up to maintain consistency within the series and also because it's a design that many submitters prefer to have holdered up. We will, however, holder the Lincoln side up if requested by submitter.

Could you tell me what would the cost be, and what is the minimum number of coins I would need to submit for re-holdering face up? Also, I have Shield cents that are graded PF70UC. Would these coins be eligible for re-holdering face up?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. The ReHolder service fee is $10. There is no minimum submission requirement for this tier. You can review a complete list of services and fees here.

Yes, you may submit PF 70 Ultra Cameo coins for the ReHolder tier.