• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new registry advertisement

12 posts in this topic

Does it get better or worse from here ?

I noticed a change in the NGC registry. When you are looking at your sets of coins, there is a numismatic value area. Now next to that is a "SHOP EBAY " area. REALLY !!!!

Someone must be getting paid a pretty penny to put that spot there.

Why not "Shop Heritage ", they have better coins for the registry..

Why not just put a space that says " KEEP LOOOKING "

Its kinda like when you want to see a video on the internet, and now you have to wait to the commercial to end.

We have advertisements for MCM and Silver Town on the right corner, now ebay officially made it into our private viewing area for our coins.

See more journals by Paul Kiraly

I noticed a change in the NGC registry. When you are looking at your sets of coins, there is a numismatic value area. Now next to that is a "SHOP EBAY " area. REALLY !!!!

Someone must be getting paid a pretty penny to put that spot there.

Why not "Shop Heritage ", they have better coins for the registry..

Why not just put a space that says " KEEP LOOOKING "

Its kinda like when you want to see a video on the internet, and now you have to wait to the commercial to end.

We have advertisements for MCM and Silver Town on the right corner, now ebay officially made it into our private viewing area for our coins.

See more journals by Paul Kiraly

Old News. That has been there for weeks...if not months.Philosophically, who cares? If you have other sources for coins, just ignore it. I don't think it's an "official NGC endorsement" of any kind. It's just a link of convenience for those who find it useful. Take it or leave it. I've never used it before, but I'm not losing sleep or huffing and puffing about it. I just ignore it.

I don't know about everybody else, but I have found registry coins on ebay that were not on Heritage or the other auction houses lately. I don't mind it. I choose whether or not to click on banner ads and links.

Sometimes I kind of like to see what is out there in a particular slot. I kind of see that as a convenience.

To each his own I suppose. I rarely pass up the chance to look at coins for sale anyway! :headbang:

I can do without the ebay link. I(f I want a coin I just set up a search and save it and have ebay e-mail the results when a new coin is listed.

I would rather have the date of last update that they did away with to put in the ebay link

I kind of agree with the OP, do we really need to have a link to ebay next to every slot in our registry? I don't think so. Is the site selling out ? I understand it takes $ to run and maintain a web site. But there is a place for ads and a place you should be free of them. And I think your personal coin collection should be ad free. Just my 2c as a new user.

NGC has many of spots for the Coin advertisements, I don't want it in my private coin viewing area .

Your selling an advertisement in my private viewing area of my coins, Shouldn't I be getting paid since someone at NGC put that slot on my personal page..

How much does everybody pay for their private coin viewing area? Is the registry not free for anybody? Would everybody rather start paying extra for it?

I think we forget that not everybody that lists are paid members. Maybe they change that and lose the ads or keep it free and we lose our hangups with the ads.

It's just like TV folks: If you don't like what you see, change the channel.

NGC has many of spots for the Coin advertisements, I don't want it in my private coin viewing area .

Your selling an advertisement in my private viewing area of my coins, Shouldn't I be getting paid since someone at NGC put that slot on my personal page..

Since when is it "your" private viewing area? NGC maintains the website, and provides the registry sets and collection manager as an "in kind" service to us. Unless you're a computer programmer or database administrator who works for NGC, then you have no ownership with regard to the site or its content.

I'm not saying you can't offer suggestions to NGC for improvements, but complaining and demanding changes will not get you very far. To claim that NGC should be paying you because they put whatever they want on their site is a joke!!!

My main argument is that the advertisement is on my personal page of coins... Why cant it be on any other page in the NGC registry, they have a lot of area to advertise , the registry is full of advertisements. Why on my personal page ?

I do some shopping on ebay but 90% of the time they don't have coins in the grade im looking for, or the coin is not even avaliable for that year..

Where's the luv Brothers? Is this a topic worth getting bent over . . .

...Can't we all just get along?

Dopey Ads are on just about every web page that we view, especially if it's a page where we're getting some sort of free service. It's just one way for NGC to offset the cost of our freebees. Ignore it, don't click on it, maybe it'll eventually go away! (Just a thought!)

Take a look at this link:

( https://www.facebook.com/silver.eagles.96 )