• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I get this graded and slabbed? 1925 Peace no mint mark

11 posts in this topic

Kinda new to collecting coins other than bullion grade however my father left me several coins including some nice gold pieces that I will be grading.

This coin peaked my interest because a graded ms66 or 67 was on Ebay same date no mint mark and it looked worse to me in comparison. Any opinions?

If no picture it's because I uploaded wrong...

137528.jpg.f95abfee0ae402ece5122630862a1f52.jpg

Welcome to the forums!

The coin looks good. It's hard to see specific details and luster to really get an idea about an actual grade though. Try taking a photo of the coin from straight above and I'm sure you'll get some better responses! From what I can see though, the coin appears to have nice fields with no distracting marks. The cut on the cheek will affect the grade of this coin. It is in the prime focal area and it is the first thing I noticed when I first looked at the picture. Based on what I can see in the current photo, I would grade the Obverse somewhere between MS61-MS63. It just depends on what the Reverse looks like though. Try posting a picture of the Reverse as well. Of course, new photos could change my opinion.

I would agree that the cheek mark looks like it would prevent a 65. Other than that it is difficult to say based on the current picture. In regards to is it worth submitting, I guess it depends on motivation. If your motivation is financial, I would say probably not unless it is a 65 minimum (see above). If you want to keep it for sentamental value and prefer it in a slab for safe keeping or other reasons, then the answer is probably yes.