• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeleTrade too auction 2nd finest graded NGC 1955 Double Die Lincoln Wheat Cent posted by hunter's gold

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Makes my eyes cross.

Hi everyone. In this Sunday's TeleTrade auction they are listing the 2nd finest graded NGC 1955 Double Die. It is only one of 2 examples graded at MS66 with this one graded MS66RB. Now this would be a dream coin for a lot of us Lincoln collectors too say the least. From the pictures I cannot tell if this coin meets the RB standard anymore but still a very impressive example of this error date Lincoln. With a starting price of $21,000 it is out of my ballpark for now. One can only dream as you never know. I hope you enjoy this picture and as always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

13506.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

I have noticed that some sellers have been listing things on teletrade at a price only a crazy person would pay and after a few auctions they tend to lower their prices.

Patience is truly the key to coin collecting. Don't talk yourself into a price just because it is rare. Teletrade just became the leader for coin sellers with no seller's fees, so I think there will continue to be some very nice coins sell through them.

Good luck as there are only a handful of people that could afford that nice of a coin.

Speaking of crazy prices heritage just sold the first to auction 1981 5c T2 PF70UC for $3525. population of 3 I guess I will have to wait for another one. :banana:

I have noticed that some sellers have been listing things on teletrade at a price only a crazy person would pay and after a few auctions they tend to lower their prices.

Patience is truly the key to coin collecting. ...

I totally agree here. I watched a coin that was first listed at a ridiculous opening bid of $1,800 fall week after week until I finally bid on and won it at $340 + BP & shipping. It's a beauty and was well worth the wait. ;)