• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 960 Reis - Peru Libre, Republica Peruana rare overstrikes

19 posts in this topic

There are 2 uncertified Brazilian 960 Reis for sale in this thread. Feel free to send a message if you have any questions.

1. 1821-B overstruck on Argentina Sunface PCGS AU-50

2. 1819-R overstruck on Joseph Napoleon Madrid-AI 20 reales

3. 1817-R doublestruck overstrike on Nova Guatemala-M 8 reales - scarce

4. 1810-B REGENES legend variety

Adding two more coins, these are rare overstrikes - see the last reply for these.

1. 1824-R 960 reis overstruck on 1823 Peru Libre 8 reales

2. 1826-R 960 reis overstruck on 1825 Lima-JM Republica Peruana 8 reales

08-08-2013: Sold the Argentina Sunface and REGENES variety.

Description

1824-R 960 Reis overstruck on an 1823 Peru Libre 8 reales. Very rare!

$940

Brazilian 1824-R 960 Reis. KM# 368.1. Crown-sized silver. This is a very rare overstrike on a clearly 1823-Lima Peru Libre 8 reales. The date, mintmark, assayer initials are all easily recognizable.

Host attribution notes

Obverse: The bottom of the column base is the most highlighted part of the obverse design, along with the column in the center, the branch on the left side and remnants of the legend visible all around.

Reverse: The Lima mintmark is clearly visible at 12:30, followed by "8R" and the assayer initials "J.P." clearly seen starting at 2:00. The "23" of the 1823 date is visible at 5:00. Palm branches, flag poles and legend remnants are visible throughout the coin.

Payment:

$940 - Paypal (sales@960coins.com) or check (allow time to clear before shipment made). Texas residents please add 8.25%.

Shipping

Shipping is always free to US-based CS members, international shipments are given a discount on International Priority, for only $7.

Question?

Please reply or message if you have any questions.

570.jpg

Larger Image

575.jpg

Larger Image

580.jpg

Larger Image

585.jpg

Larger Image

590.jpg

Larger Image

595.jpg

Larger Image

============================================================

Description

1826-R 960 Reis overstruck on an 1825-JM Republica Peruana 8 reales. Very rare!

$840

Brazilian 1826-R 960 Reis. KM# 368.1. Crown-sized silver. This is a very rare overstrike on a clearly 1825-JM Lima Republica Peruana 8 reales. The date, mintmark, assayer initials are all recognizable.

Host attribution notes

Obverse: The most obvious central design element is clearly visible, the Standing Liberty in the center of the coin. The eyes are even still visible. The left arm holds a pole and the right arm rests on a shield. Remnants of the legend are visible around the edge. The dot at the center bottom is visible.

Reverse: The mintmark is visible just before 9:00 under the "IN". The R of "8R" lies directly between the H and O of HOC. The date is visible from 12:30 to 2:00, with the 1 between the VI of VINCES and the 5 partially under the N of SIGNO. The assayer initials "J.M." start at the C of HOC and continue to the I of SIGNO (10:00-11:00).

Payment:

$840 - Paypal (sales@960coins.com) or check (allow time to clear before shipment made). Texas residents please add 8.25%.

Shipping

Shipping is always free to US-based CS members, international shipments are given a discount on International Priority, for only $7.

Question?

600.jpg

Larger Image

605.jpg

Larger Image

610.jpg

Larger Image

615.jpg

Larger Image

620.jpg

Larger Image

625.jpg

Larger Image

I really like that over strike but sadly I am short on cash since I have been buying all those Canadian Eagles. That and other items.

Maybe you will still have it when I have some money once again. :grin:

Description

1817-R 960 Reis, double-struck, overstruck on 1808-M Nova Guatemala Ferdinand VII.

$SOLD

Brazilian 1817-R 960 Reis. KM# 307.3. Crown-sized silver. Sharply double-struck with nice, crusty original surfaces, this coin is overstruck on a hard-to-find Nova Guatemala 8 reales, 1808-M.

Host attribution notes

Obverse: Traces of the underlying portrait can be seen. The top of the head is near the A of JOANNES. The date is found around 8:00.

Reverse: The top of the crown is easily visible at 10:00. The NG mintmark is clearly seen starting at 6:00. The assayer initial M is easily readable just after the A of NATA.

Payment:

$SOLD - Paypal (sales@960coins.com) or check (allow time to clear before shipment made). Texas residents please add 8.25%.

Shipping

Shipping is always free to US-based CU members, international shipments are given a discount on International Priority, for only $7.

Question?

525.jpg

Larger Image

530.jpg

Larger Image

545.jpg

Larger Image

550.jpg

Larger Image

555.jpg

Larger Image

560.jpg

Larger Image

565.jpg

Larger Image

Adding two more coins, these are rare overstrikes.

1. 1824-R 960 reis overstruck on 1823 Peru Libre 8 reales

2. 1826-R 960 reis overstruck on 1825 Lima-JM Republica Peruana 8 reales

Description

1824-R 960 Reis overstruck on an 1823 Peru Libre 8 reales. Very rare!

$950

Brazilian 1824-R 960 Reis. KM# 368.1. Crown-sized silver. This is a very rare overstrike on a clearly 1823-Lima Peru Libre 8 reales. The date, mintmark, assayer initials are all easily recognizable.

Host attribution notes

Obverse: The bottom of the column base is the most highlighted part of the obverse design, along with the column in the center, the branch on the left side and remnants of the legend visible all around.

Reverse: The Lima mintmark is clearly visible at 12:30, followed by "8R" and the assayer initials "J.P." clearly seen starting at 2:00. The "23" of the 1823 date is visible at 5:00. Palm branches, flag poles and legend remnants are visible throughout the coin.

Payment:

$950 - Paypal (sales@960coins.com) or check (allow time to clear before shipment made). Texas residents please add 8.25%.

Shipping

Question?

570.jpg

Larger Image

575.jpg

Larger Image

580.jpg

Larger Image

585.jpg

Larger Image

590.jpg

Larger Image

595.jpg

Larger Image

Description

1826-R 960 Reis overstruck on an 1825-JM Republica Peruana 8 reales. Very rare!

$850

Brazilian 1826-R 960 Reis. KM# 368.1. Crown-sized silver. This is a very rare overstrike on a clearly 1825-JM Lima Republica Peruana 8 reales. The date, mintmark, assayer initials are all recognizable.

Host attribution notes

Obverse: The most obvious central design element is clearly visible, the Standing Liberty in the center of the coin. The eyes are even still visible. The left arm holds a pole and the right arm rests on a shield. Remnants of the legend are visible around the edge. The dot at the center bottom is visible.

Reverse: The mintmark is visible just before 9:00 under the "IN". The R of "8R" lies directly between the H and O of HOC. The date is visible from 12:30 to 2:00, with the 1 between the VI of VINCES and the 5 partially under the N of SIGNO. The assayer initials "J.M." start at the C of HOC and continue to the I of SIGNO (10:00-11:00).

Payment:

$850 - Paypal (sales@960coins.com) or check (allow time to clear before shipment made). Texas residents please add 8.25%.

Shipping

Question?

600.jpg

Larger Image

605.jpg

Larger Image

610.jpg

Larger Image

615.jpg

Larger Image

620.jpg

Larger Image

625.jpg

Larger Image

Saudações. A moeda REGENES está a venda?

Na hipótese de venda para o Brasil, qual ferramenta de envio é mais segura, pois li que existem duas formas básicas de envio a partir dos Estados Unidos da América.

Oi! Sim, ainda está disponível. Para envios pro Brasil, normalmente eu uso o Priority Mail do correio dos EUA, com seguro extra. Até agora, nunca encontrei problema assim. Mas, a coisa é que normalmente no Brasil a pessoa tem que pagar taxa de alfândega para buscar o item.

(The poster is asking about the most secure way of sending to Brazil. I'm just responding that normally I use priority mail with insurance, but that normally Brazilians have to pay a customs fee to pick up the package)

Thanks for answering. Your Portuguese is excellent, congratulations. Really there is 60% tax on purchases over $ 500.00 and I do not know how to make the purchase. I believe it has made ​​other sales outside the U.S. and would like to help me. Another possibility would be to send the money to my cousin who lives in San Francisco, she is American.

Please tell me the best way to send the coins (REGENES) for Brazil and total purchase amount including the shipping. Thank you. Andre Leal.