• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1883 CC Morgan grade- sealed plastic case says uncirculated-not graded

18 posts in this topic

p4180018.th.jpg

I can buy this coin and would like some input on the grade . Photos through sealed plastic case.

I'll post a few more photos shortly. Thanks for the help.

Removed one photo refer to top for series of photo on imageshack

Can a grade be offered?

Skeeter

I really need to work on photo posting process. There is another image of the Rev at the top however need to also do better on the Obv. Thanks fo rresponding

Skeeter

Looks like a 64 nice coin. (thumbs u

How can you tell based on the small image? Are you able to find something (through photobucket, scavenging around, etc). that I haven't?

The link to Imageshack seems to be working now. It has a shot at 64. My bid or offer would be based on a 63 though. From the images, it looks to be a strong/lock 63 for sure.

It has some of the attributes of an MS-64, but the disturbance on Ms. Liberty's cheek is such that your eyes will go to them every time you look at the coin. For that reason I think that it is worth MS-63 money.

Looks like a 64 nice coin. (thumbs u

How can you tell based on the small image? Are you able to find something (through photobucket, scavenging around, etc). that I haven't?

The link to Imageshack seems to be working now. It has a shot at 64. My bid or offer would be based on a 63 though. From the images, it looks to be a strong/lock 63 for sure.

I didn't notice that the image was a link. Based on the linked image, I agree with you.

I offer $110 and I believe the seller will accept . Thanks all for helping out on this

Skeeter

Seller must not know the market. $110 is 30% back of wholesale bid and that coin is better than most GSA pieces.

If you can get it for that price, it's a rip.

I actually have dealers at show paying $165-$170 for any GSA Morgan (UNC) at any grade. One that looks 63-64 would be worth 180-200 I think, $110 is a steal. By all means, take it if seller agrees on $110. Just make sure it's 100% sealed..?

The coin is nice but I have very little experience at grading. Was able to buy at the 110 along with a 4nothing specials at 26 each.

Skeeter