• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver and Gold take a tumble posted by walnutto

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Will the Mint lower prices?

With Silver and Gold prices plummeting to over a 2 year low. How long will the US Mint adjust some of their Commemorative coin prices and Eagles?

My guess is sometime next week?

See more journals by walnutto

I really doubt you are going to see that. The price of silver doesn't really affect collectible issues like the proof eagles. If you want ASE's just for investment, you can always buy rolls at spot plus a little premium on ebay.

I may be wrong, but high end graded coins (at least with regard to silver) won't be affected by market metal fluctuations. For the most part it's the bullion collectors that are taking a hit and that's only if they have to sell.

It will bounce back.

Happy Collecting!

Bo

Not sure why anyone would buy from Ebay these days unless you do not have a reputable coin store around you. The prices I see buyers paying makes my head hurt sometimes. I am fortunate to have a place near that I do business with and generic bars or rounds go for $2 over spot and 2013 ASE or coins from Canada go for about $4 over spot.

For bullion, try JM Bullion out of Chicago. I've bought from them and APMEX.

Like Bo, I gag every time I have to pay for the S&H, but overall, the final prices are pretty decent.