• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need help trying to find the NGC Slabbed Value ..

45 posts in this topic

I checked the picture of your nickel - it looks like it could be a mechanical error.

Mechanical Error? Just what would that be? I specifically noted on the submission forms that I thought the 10C was FB and that the 5C was FS. Are you implying that the printer went haywire and that the FS should not have been there?

Your invoice # is the cert # followed by "-line #" Ex. 12345657-001 ---- And ---- FWIW...........Not long back, I sold a 1967 SMS Kennedy NGC MS68 for $172.

Ahh! Ok. That will help in the future. I was wondering how he did that. And that is not bad for a JFK Half. Thanks for the optimism!

Great job on the coins Bill! Congratulations!

No celebrations here since I know that this is probably a fluke and just my luck. However thank you for that re-enforced information and the support.

I will say that it is pretty neat to look up there and see that right now I have the highest graded FS and none better ...... I think. hm

Now I am going to go look at the pictures. Cool!

I've been working on a 67 SMS Set and both the FS Jefferson and FT Roosevelt are tough.

I picked up this 1967 SMS 5C 5FS from datentype in an eB** auction a while back.

tn_1967-NGC-Jeff-sms-67-5fs-obv389.jpg

datentype auctioned off a run of FS SMS Jeffs in JAN and FEB with these results:

1965 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 66 5FS

Jan 13 - 15 bids - $202.50

Jan 27 - 17 bids - $72.50

Feb 24 - 21 bids $93.96

1966 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 67 5FS

Jan 13 - 23 bids - $350.56

1966 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 66 5FS

Jan 20 - 20 bids $95.00

1967 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 67 6FS

Jan 13 - 17 bids - $180.27

Jan 20 - 25 bids $113.50

Jan 27 - 27 bids - $130.17

Feb 17 - 15 bids - $282.00

1967 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 66 6FS

Feb 24 - 22 bids - $137.51

1967 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 67 5FS

Jan 27 - 13 bids - $86.00

Feb 09 - 10 bids $77.00

From what I see from Dadams post, I dont think your luck was a fluke. I think these hogh grade coins with the FT or FS designations are well deserved. Be proud of what you achieved! I know I would be!

Thank you for that information to give me a ball park figure where these were sitting. All I could come up with was $1,060.00 for a 1966 5C 5FS but that was not a SMS so I was in the dark.

I am no longer going to sell on ebay though ( I had 100% Feedback BTW ) and have moved over to the AtomicMall and set up a Free Shop. Slowly getting things on there that I wanted to sell. Some Silver Bullion, Anniversary Sets, etc.. This will be up there and if no one visits and buys then I will be ok with that too.

And Deer, you are right. It is not so much about all the money. I lose money everyday. But having the only MS67 if for only one day will be enough to satisfy me for a while and until my next quest for the 'Gem In The Wild'.

1966 Jefferson Nickel NGC SMS 67 5FS

Jan 13 - 23 bids - $350.56

So is this your nickel or is yours a different one. Did you say you just had yours graded 67 5FS? That must mean there are two.

1966 SMS MS67 5FS.jpg

That is what I was just looking at. It would seem as though if they had the pictures up and the grades in the system that it would be updated properly. That is not my coin.

Now I am bummed again. I was pumped thinking I had the only one right now. Hahahaha!

Oh well. It really don't matter. I have had fun the last two days anticipating grade results and such.

The rain is killing my internet right now. Double posts.

Must just be two or that other one is counterfeit. I sent mine in to them inside the proof set.

Well I was #1 in my mind for what .... 30 minutes? :grin:

The rain is killing my internet right now. Double posts.

Must just be two or that other one is counterfeit. I sent mine in to them inside the proof set.

Well I was #1 in my mind for what .... 30 minutes? :grin:

I would imagine the owner of the other coin may feel a little worse. He spent $350 on a pop 1/0 coin and now there are 2.

Well I am sure you are right. I am really not that unhappy though for some strange reason. I am OK with it and will probably just put such a high price on the entire set that it will never sell. You can list things at AtomicMall for a year or more and it is free to list. Nothing to lose.

Now I am bummed again. I was pumped thinking I had the only one right now. Hahahaha!

I know how it can feel to be able to have the only one!

In 2005, I received my silver proof set from the Mint, and the KS SQ had an error on it. Eventually, I submitted it for grading, and NGC gave it a PF70UCAM Mint Error. The only problem is that error coins are not separated in the Census, so it was relegated to sharing that spot with more than 3,000 other PF70's. Finally, in 2012, it was added to the Cherrypickers Guide as a variety. So, I resubmitted it to NGC at FUN 2013 for the designation. Since varieties do have a separate listing in the Census, it officially became the only PF70UCAM FS-901. Being that this was a first for me, I was able to bask in the glory for about 6 weeks, that is, until I was offered $1,000 for it.

Chris

I was able to bask in the glory for about 6 weeks, that is, until I was offered $1,000 for it.

Chris

6 Weeks. Yeah I bet that did feel good for that length of time. Of-course the grand probably felt pretty good too.

They still only have 1 listed under the census. I would have thought their applications would work better off the same database but maybe they have a separation between them and there has to be some sort of manual entry.

I put that entire 1966 SMS Slabbed Set up for sale for $525.00 for all five. Maybe someone will eventually bite. I am sure it would sell on ebay much quicker but I have quit ebay while I still had close to 100% feedback. That one negative that girl put on there brought me down to 99.4% and I did not like that nor the fact that ebay allowed that.

I think I will go over to the market place and list the store address. I just listed a 25th Anniversary 2 Proof set over there as well.

I was able to bask in the glory for about 6 weeks, that is, until I was offered $1,000 for it.

Chris

6 Weeks. Yeah I bet that did feel good for that length of time. Of-course the grand probably felt pretty good too.

They still only have 1 listed under the census.

FWIW, there were only 12 of the FS-901 reported in 2005, and given the Mint's hand-processing for the proofs, it seems unlikely that too many escaped after those. What do you think the odds would be that another PF70UCAM could surface from the (supposedly) 9 remaining?

Chris

Very low.

The grand probably felt good then but not now.

There is so much to try and learn about this hobby before a person can become even half as knowledgeable as some on this form. I have immense respect for their knowledge and being able to determine trash from gold.

I never realized, before I actually got involved in this hobby, that their was so many variations with US Coinage and that one would have to be really good at paying attention to details and a good memory to be successful as a dealer. I will be lucky to make it to become a competent collector.

I am doing what I can by studying the ANA Grading Standards book I received recently as well as the 'Red Book'. Then there is the web site here and ATS that can be mighty confusing in finding the correct information. One detail missing and it could cost one plenty.