• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congo Free State 5 Francs Final Coin posted by Congo Kid

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1891 5 Francs...Finally!

I finally found this 1891 5 Francs coin, which is a very very rare Uncirculated coin. This coin is graded NGC MS62 and could easily have graded MS63. It has taken me over 10 years to find an uncirculated example of this date. This is the only one graded in any grade by either service and the first that I have seen so far. I now have all of the KM 8.1 5 Francs pieces in mint state grades from MS62-MS66. (NGC and PCGS). The big one left to get is the KM 8.2

13425.jpg

See more journals by Congo Kid

Fantastic coin! I picked up a couple Congo coppers (1887 and 1888) a while back, and the whole series of Congo issues are quite interesting historically. Your sets are the "go to" when I want to know something about the series! Great addition!

-Brandon

Thank you very much gentlemen. I have worked hard on this collection and am happy that some people enjoy it. I recently missed out on a coin that I really needed in an auction in Europe. I still have more coins that I will get graded so I can post pics up. I really with that NGC still allowed PCGS graded coins in their Registry sets.

Brandon, feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know about any of these coins.