• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver bullion 20 Troy oz start at spot---$----SOLD----$

6 posts in this topic

Okay, this auction is over so hopefully this won't be considered thread krapping.

Can someone explain why anyone would pay about $5 per round over the cost of the silver in them?

Aren't they worth the price of silver, and no more?

Are rounds really collected as something beyond an ounce of silver?

I'm not complaining. Actually the buyer was a manufacture of some type of electronic? They use silver in there process somehow. But good point why can't they buy in bulk idk..

They could go to silvertowne.com and pick up bars for significantly less with free shipping...

silvertowne

I know this much; right now with the price so low it is taking forever to even get your order out their doors then you have to add the actual shipping time.

I ordered a particular unique silver product from a company I have done business with many times on 4/5/13 .... It has yet to leave the door of their business. Prior to this low price slump I would have had it in a week.

I did not even attempt to order any more silver from SilverTowne right now since they say right on their web site that orders are going to be delayed. I took that money I was going to spend on silver and put it into slabbed ASE's that have very low MS70 populations in preparation for the next insane bidding war. Speculation, yes .... but buying silver right now in preparation for it to go back up is not much different.

I also have a high price set for what silver I am selling. Way above spot. I do this because I could care less whether I sell it or not at this time. Silver just keeps dropping and dropping. Markets are open elsewhere and the spot price right as I type this has dropped all the way down to $24.35 ..... It has been taking a beating. Hard to interpret the market and determine where the bottom is going to be.

It is really confusing when there is a shortage of silver, above ground, and the price keeps dropping. I guess we will see what next week brings.