• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd Generation Coin Business

8 posts in this topic

If you had told me 29 years ago that I would be selling coins to people all over the world with something called “eCommerce” and the Internet, I would have never believed it much less understood what that would mean. Twenty nine years ago I was 15 with 200 dollars to my name, getting on my first plane ride to a coin show hoping to make some extra money. A lot has changed since then. I’ve made many great friends in the coin business over the years, traveled around the globe to coin shows, opened a coin business, worked for NGC 7 years as a grader/finalizer, and now am proud to have a website that can bring coins to people anywhere who have an interest in them- ah the power of the internet!

However, most of all I am proud that I became a father 16 years ago and working with my son has been one of the most rewarding moments so far. The launch of Modern Coin Wholesale marked the beginning of a Third Generation coin business. My father operates his own company in St. Louis, and now my son is a part of the team at Modern Coin Wholesale. He played an integral part in this project coming together. I’ve passed down not coins to my 16 year old son, but the knowledge of them, and this is more valuable than any coin I could have given him over the years. Many collectors build their collection with the hope that they one day can pass down this accumulation of specially selected coins to their children or grandchildren, and of course hope that it will appreciate in value.

The passion and enthusiasm coin collectors have is fierce, and most collectors would tell you that all they wish is that they can share this passion with someone else who can value it too. Hence my participation in this forum, a great place for collectors to come together and discuss their passion.My team and I are truly passionate about the coin business so whether you are an experienced coin collector, or just getting your feet wet, we are here to help you accomplish your numismatic ambitions. I hope you like our new website.

Ron Drzewucki

www.moderncoinwholesale.com

Ron,

I have done about $1,000.00 with you in February mainly in ASE's and Australian but I will have to slow down for a couple of months I think but I will be back.

I can attest first hand that even as a new customer when I called to talk with him on one issue he called me back and we talked for a while and worked things out. I will do all the business I can with you but I have to jump around a bit where the stock and the prices match what I am looking for.

Keep at it and keep building that base. I know you must be since I have went to buy something and the next day it is sold out. hm

William Roberson

Hey Ron, great to see you here on the boards! I hope to see you in the shop (Scotsman) again very soon.

Don't forget to give me some juicy consignments for our auction :) !

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to the Central States Coin show this week.

Central States is next week. This week is the Chicago International Show