• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attention numismatic/financial history researchers

8 posts in this topic

In case anyone's interested, there's a copy of the immense four-volume (3,000+ pages) set of Paul Krooss' Documentary History of Banking and Currency in the United States available on eBay for less than $30!

This is an outstanding source for legislation, speeches, government reports, etc. about banking, coinage and currency from Revolutionary to Modern Times.

I have no connection to the seller, and, in fact, bought a set for about the same amount recently, so I thought I'd bring it to the Board's attention.

Nice, but I have no place to but it....Have begun packing before moving to the new Martian Colony at Hellas Planitia Resort and Spa (northern part of the Hellas Quadrangle).

I appreciate the thought, but I don't have any trouble sleeping. I've been too worn out helping Roger load up Sputnik.

Chris

Roger,

How ya gonna visit the National Archives if you're living on Mars?

I'm also glad to say that someone has bid on Krooss' books; hopefully, it is one of "us"!

"How ya gonna visit the National Archives if you're living on Mars?"

I had everything secretly digitized and encoded on the head of a housefly. It will go with me as a family pet on the next launch. Once there, the lower atmospheric pressure will expand the fly's head and allow my optical reader to recover the data.

"How ya gonna visit the National Archives if you're living on Mars?"

I had everything secretly digitized and encoded on the head of a housefly. It will go with me as a family pet on the next launch. Once there, the lower atmospheric pressure will expand the fly's head and allow my optical reader to recover the data.

But, what would you do if you accidently landed on Venus and the fly got caught in a trap?

Chris

Hmmm...I'll have to digest that sticky situation and get back to you.

I'm flying on the new Discount Wholesale Deluxe Spaceliner company's second Mars passenger launch. (The first passenger launch ran into problems just past half-way there, and had to turn back - not enough "adult undergarments" so they said....)

In case anyone's interested, there's a copy of the immense four-volume (3,000+ pages) set of Paul Krooss' Documentary History of Banking and Currency in the United States available on eBay for less than $30!

This is an outstanding source for legislation, speeches, government reports, etc. about banking, coinage and currency from Revolutionary to Modern Times. I have no connection to the seller, and, in fact, bought a set for about the same amount recently, so I thought I'd bring it to the Board's attention.

I have owned the Krooss set since 1989 and it is well worth owning for those interested in this area.