• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please tell me about this error

11 posts in this topic

As what is called ghosting. A constant pounding of the dies on the thin planchets eventually transfer part of their image to the other die. It's similar to die clashing but the dies do not actually come together. The transferred image is not as sharp as with die clashing.

Thanks Rawzone. As to whether it's a rare error - this is the only Danish coin with die ghosting that I've ever seen! Before reading this thread, I didn't even have any idea that this kind of error existed! Either I am very unlucky, or the error is really rare :)

Conder: the third and fourth image depicting the reverse has, I believe, the same die ghosting as Rawzone's coin, just not as clear. Probably because the coin is a different material (alumimun-bronze I believe?)

Yep, I'm from Denmark. I collected coins as a kid and just started collecting again about six months ago. I've been spending some time trying out different collecting areas, ancients, die errors, world coins etc. Not quite sure where I want to go yet with my collection. But I sure love my coins.

welcome to this forum chris.

Dette er et super sted og folk herinde er virkelig proffer og du kan hente meget hjælp her.

I believe i have seen some of these error in danish coins. but they never sold at a high price. its pretty rare that a danish coin will sell high because error.

i have even bought DD error coins for less then normal price (shrug)