• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1934 PEACE.....has it been cleaned?

5 posts in this topic

im on the road for work and came across someone selling this but i think it may have been cleaned. photos were taken with my phone so i know a ball park grade would be asking a lot. im just looking to see if you guys think its been cleaned. if you dont think its been cleaned and feel like tossing out a ball park grade based on what you see that would be more then welcome. thanks for any input you have

etyk_zps9bd2eddf.jpg

cghmcd_zpsb7a56384.jpg

tl_zps343af635.jpg

tjtr_zpsf62a61ba.jpg

ghw_zps9553cd24.jpg

hgdjtdy_zps95b15dd3.jpg

jgfjf_zps6bc3343b.jpg

gnfdhg_zps8ae03802.jpg

i saw those right off and thats what made me look closer but i couldnt say for sure. the scratches are only on a few spots. the rest of the coin looks good. is it possible the scratches were from something else? or is this a for sure its been cleaned ?

Yea, cleaned, so many hairlines, what a shame. Photo's 1 and 2 were all you needed to show but 7 is another good example.

I'm sure you already knew the answer but sometimes we just don't want to believe what we already know.

Hairlines like this can only be from one thing. Cleaning. Sorry.

yeah, what a waste. could have been a nice one. after my last posting i pointed out the cleaning and he gave me the coin for spot. i guess my search for the right 1934 continues, its the last coin i need to finish the set....