• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1819 overdate

9 posts in this topic

lol, it's also possible that mine are going as well ;) The pictures aren't great, but there's pitting and I can see some corrosion mostly on the reverse. It's slow lately, so you might need to give it some time for people to make their rounds.

I would describe it as a fairly run of the mill example of a well circulated Matron Head cent. It has some pitting, but nothing terrible for a coin that grades VG. I'm not up on the market for these coins, so I can't comment on the price.

thanks for your reply Bill. By the pics I was not sure of VG or F grade details for the coin. Waiting to see it in person. The price paid was more in line with the F details price for numismedia guide. Might have overstretched a bit. Most of the matron cents I see that are reasonably priced are pretty worn down. The overdate addition is kind of an added bonus.

I think Fine Details is accurate. It would be strong as a VG. Big thing is the color/pitting/corrosion that may or may not be too bad. Price seems fair enough if you think it.