• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2013-W West Point Mint 75th Anniv. 2-Coin Set

4 posts in this topic

Mint to introduce new surface finishes on ASE's

The new issue of Coin World gives us a glimpse of things to come in the production of American Silver Eagles. The set will celebrate the 75th anniversary of the West Point Mint, to be issued in late May/June.

The surface finishes of a Reverse Proof coin, mirror-finished devices and frosted fields, are reversed from those of a traditional Proof coin, which has mirror-like fields and frosted devices for a cameo effect. Looking at the associated photo in the article suggests the appearance of "colorizing"(but I'm probably wrong). Anyway, follow the link and read for yourself.

Let me know what you think.

(via FB) https://www.facebook.com/silver.eagles.96

(Coin World) http://www.coinworld.com/articles/viewarticle/mint-to-introduce-new-american-eagle-finish

13319.jpg

See more journals by Gino Tumminia

I will admit that this finish looks interesting, but is this now going to make a complete year set of uncirculated Eagles 6 or 7 coins? It's starting to get a bit excessive.

Was there any mention as to the quantity that would be produced?

Marcus

It looks like a very interesting set. I for one will order it along with the new 5 star General silver coins. I ordered the clad coins last night and will order the silver coins as soon as the a/c in my car is fixed. Now I know this sounds silly but I pray this mild weather holds out until the first of the month.

Happy collecting and may God Bless....Mike

Depending on how they sell this coin, I may buy a couple to flip. If they have a set limited mintage, then I will. But if they do it like the San Francisco set, I probably won't bother. But I can see how they'll be a cool thing for Silver Eagle fans, no matter how they sell it. At least it's something different.