• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Improperly Cleaned or other No Grades

3 posts in this topic

Is there anything that can be done to minimize the effects that cause a coin not to be graded such as time?

Can the coin be placed in an area that will allow quicker toning which will eventually minimize the appearance of troublesome treatment? Then maybe in 5 or ten years it would be closer to a coin that is gradable?

These maybe stupid questions but go easy on me.....I am just getting involved in the field.

Is there anything that can be done to minimize the effects that cause a coin not to be graded such as time?

Can the coin be placed in an area that will allow quicker toning which will eventually minimize the appearance of troublesome treatment? Then maybe in 5 or ten years it would be closer to a coin that is gradable?

These maybe stupid questions but go easy on me.....I am just getting involved in the field.

Your questions are not stupid at all. I have placed numerous coins into albums and/or kraft envelopes and had the patience to wait years while they properly re-toned. You can do the same.

The key is that "P" word -- patience!

OK. Sounds good then. I just happen to have some of those types of little envelopes and a good place picked out in the safe.

Thanks.