• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's slab boxes are the "best" but what's your opinion of CoinWorld slab boxes?

8 posts in this topic

NGC's slab boxes seem to be the best and most popular hands-down, and I doubt anybody would argue that. The boxes are solid, durable with well fitted lids, and they readily accommodate NGC and PCGS slabs, not to mention "other" slabs. And NGC's boxes are of simple neutral grey color. PCGS blue slab boxes will not hold NGC slabs properly and they seem to me to be a little flimsier in quality.

But what is your opinion of the blue CoinWorld boxes? They look similar to (blue) PCGS boxes but seem to do a better job of accommodating all slabs.

I ask because of a quantity of the boxes available to me for a short while. If I buy them, will I be sitting on them forever? or are they popular, salable items?

Please note that in some cases, I wouldn't be selling the CoinWorld boxes individually but perhaps filled with coins.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

mommam17:

If you're asking about the "typical" cardboard double-row box (which is a completely different product from what James is asking about), then, no - the slabs are not separated in the cardboard double-row box.

The slabs are separated in the PCGS, NGS and CoinWorld single-row plastic slab boxes.

I remember when CoinWorld introduced their slab boxes, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone using them at the coin shows I've been to. People seem to use the cardboard double-row boxes or else PCGS or NGC boxes.

I use the NGC slab boxes and see many other show dealers using them too. I can use them for NGC, PCGS, ANACS, and ICG slabs. My slabbed material is 90% NGC and PCGS.

I have yet to see any coinworld boxes.

A key consideration is how many slab boxes fit in your safe or SDB.