• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few high grade Jeffersons, how'd you grade?

6 posts in this topic

1938-D This one is nice, clean, and tons of luster. I have a grade in mind for it, but i would love the input from others.

1938-D_zps6510465c.jpg

1950-D this one has nice color, and luster, but suffers from a few nicks on the obv. how would you think it would fare?

1950-D_zps3db29397.jpg

1940-D I'm certian its 6fs, but up on the fence between two grades.

1940-D_zpsa15bd0a6.jpg

1938-D: MS67, no FS (fantastic surfaces!)

1950-D: MS65, no FS (prominent nick on obverse under eye, various others -- don't like the few spots on the reverse, I'd say it might have a slight shot at MS66).

1940-D: MS66 6FS (lovely coin, some dullness/spots on the obv at 12 o'clock.)

1950-D: MS65, no FS (prominent nick on obverse under eye, various others -- don't like the few spots on the reverse, I'd say it might have a slight shot at MS66).

1940-D: MS66 6FS (lovely coin, some dullness/spots on the obv at 12 o'clock

As I'm scrolling down, I'm going 67, 65, 66. Then I read this. :laugh:

1940-D: MS66 6FS (lovely coin, some dullness/spots on the obv at 12 o'clock.)

I agree. The 50-D I believe does have a shot at 66 - Jefferson's are tough to grade IMHO. The marks on the cheek tend to be disregarded to some extent by the grader's as weakness of strike and a pre-existing condition, hence the reason I think it has a shot at 66. The 38-D is gorgeous and the 40-D has immaculate steps! Nice coins and even better photos!!