• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My coin is rotated 15% :P

13 posts in this topic

Huh? I've never heard anything like what is described here with this Buffalo nickel, have you? It looks like people just make stuff up in order to sell a coin. I might charge a lot on some of mine, but I don't blow smoke up peoples bums

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1938-D-BUFFALO-5-CENTS-SLABBED-IN-1987-OLD-SLAB-TODAY-WILL-GRADE-66-OR-67-/230908184196?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item35c3334684

Rotated dies will sometimes bring a premium, but usually it's for more dramatic rotation %.

This guy is using the old QVC price guide so be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Nice coin, but I wouldn't pay more than $45

Well then, my 1938-D Buffalo in MS66 should sell for triple the $$$! This seller is trying very hard to convince someone who doesnt know about coins and rotations that this is something special. Just the listing in itself is deceptive to me and would make me not ever want to purchase anything from this guy.

Does that slab look like it was from 1987? I'm not a label expert but I don't think that's true.

Besides, this is a 38-D. It's almost as common as sand. This one is probably worth $35 or so. (shrug)

jom

I don't even believe the slabbing services will note the rotation unless it's at least 20%. I think that's where it would bring a premium, maybe.

Rotated dies will sometimes bring a premium, but usually it's for more dramatic rotation %.

is that the leading numismatics price quide that no one is allowed to know about? just wondering is all

is that the leading numismatics price quide that no one is allowed to know about? just wondering is all

It's a proven fact that it's second only to the Coin Vault guide :insane:

I Just had to ask him a question about this piece. Lets see if he answers

"How did you managed to put this piece away in 1987 in a slab that was used from 1992 to 95?

I Just had to ask him a question about this piece. Lets see if he answers

"How did you managed to put this piece away in 1987 in a slab that was used from 1992 to 95?

I'd like to see the answer :) 87 it would've been the black one, right? I doubt you'll get a response though.

There are four possible holders in 1987 with the last one being used through very late 89. (Five if you count both color variations of the fourth one, I don't because I can't tell them apart, colorblindness.) Then there was one used from 1990 to 92, and then the one he has, the last of the no line fatties.