• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1916-D Mercury Dime, NGC AG3 PQ+ (PRICE LOWERED)

32 posts in this topic

Here is an attractive example of a 1916-D Mercury Dime, graded AG3 by NGC. This coin has a STRONG reverse rim for the grade, stronger than I have seen on G-4's, and a bold date and Mint Mark. In the past, some have told me this could even get the CAC sticker. I'm looking to upgrade this to a deeper circulated cameo piece or a higher grade. I am asking $460 (or best offer) in the form of a cashier's check or Postal Money Order. Coin will be shipped with FREE Priority and Insurance. PM me if interested!

cc011-1.jpg

cc011-1-2-1.jpg

cc013.jpg

CC

Still available folks! Now's an opportunity to acquire a strong AG3 1916-D Mercury Dime with a great reverse rim and bold mintmark! Looks almost a G-4 when compared with most PCGS G-4 1916-D Mercs!

Here are some recent sales on Heritage for this coin in this grade in this holder.

Hopefully this helps.

Capture.JPG

Heritage sales are not that accurate for coins of this type which are bought up mostly by dealers. Here are the recent ebay sales-

Prices shown are those from completed BINs and auctions before shipping:

PCGS:

1. 454

2. 474

3. 482

4. 476.89

5. 465

6. 465

7. 549.99

8. 699.99

Average sale price for PCGS 1916-D AG3 Dimes: $508.37

NGC:

1. 499.95

2. 521

3. 525

4. 520

5. 695

6. 490

7. 495

8. 525

9. 495

10. 529

11. 408

12. 503

13. 625

Average sale price for NGC 1916-D AG3 Dimes: $527.00

Heritage sales are not that accurate for coins of this type which are bought up mostly by dealers.

That's hogwash. You and I are free to log-in to Heritage right now to snap up a 1916-D in AG3.

Your eBay prices are higher, yes, but they don't factor in the 10% sellers commission paid to ebay, PayPal expenses, and many of the coins you listed didn't sell for the listed price, but rather, a best offer.

I agree. I was considering buying this coin but when I asked my local coin shop friend he thought 450 was pretty much full retail price and he would buy it for 400.

Heritage sales are not that accurate for coins of this type which are bought up mostly by dealers.

That's hogwash. You and I are free to log-in to Heritage right now to snap up a 1916-D in AG3.

Your eBay prices are higher, yes, but they don't factor in the 10% sellers commission paid to ebay, PayPal expenses, and many of the coins you listed didn't sell for the listed price, but rather, a best offer.

Actually, it is not hogwash. While anyone can log onto Heritage an get a 16-D, it is true that dealers are the prime buyers of coins at auction venues.

Also, I did not list any best offer sales, for the reason that I did not know the actual selling price.

:)

I agree. I was considering buying this coin but when I asked my local coin shop friend he thought 450 was pretty much full retail price and he would buy it for 400.

Prices vary significantly based on the individual characteristics of a coin. In this case, the dime has reverse wear more reflective of a G4.

For whatever it's worth, you are also overlooking the 17.5% "buyer's fee" which is really paid by the seller in the form of a bid that is 17.5% lower. That assumes that the consignor receives hammer. Now let's say that you are truly industrious, have a series of great coins, or have someone (e.g. Mark Feld) negotiate on your behalf and get 102.5% of hammer. That's still about 15% for Heritage from the seller.

Ebay is a maximum of 10% (sometimes lower) commission + 2.9% payPal fee = ~13%.

For whatever it's worth, I agree that this coin is high end for the respective grade. I have seen coins that look worse in G4 holders. For those that care about stickers, I think it would green bean. I am not going to get involved with the disagreement over pricing and value.

Does anyone care to tell me why people are trolling my BST thread? I did not ask for Heritage prices. I am free to offer this coin at the price I feel it is worth. Also, I happen to know this coin thoroughly like the back of my hand- I also happen to know this is an extremely premium AG3, not your typical coin with a rim blending through all the letters and touching the bottom of the mint mark. You'd be hard pressed to find one this premium for $400-$450.

CC

I agree that people should not be commenting about your price. It is yours and you can ask what you like.. However you opened that door when you commented on it being a super deal, and other members showed you what the actual auction prices are, and your friend NOOW is not helping with his post. He has just changed the direction of the your post from a FSH post to a price discussion post. When selling you either take what is offered or you don't. It does not help to complain when you don't get the offer you want. That you will learn as you get older. One thing that I think you are not taking into consideration is the market is very strong for high grade material at this time but soft for average or run of the mill material. I have found that on these threads most of the collectors are looking for higher grade. The people looking for that lower grade material are either just not financially able or willing to buy, or buy at shows and on Ebay. At any rate good luck John. I think I would let this one die and start over again.

wheat

It is Noow's fault that this thread got changed from a sale post to a price discussion? The last time I looked, it was Jerseycat tacitly criticizing my pricing with a post in this thread. I did not ask for his input, yet as he is known to do, cockily stated his opinion.

I really don't see why you people here have to be so rude and right all the time. This whole behavior on my thread thoroughly disgusts me. I really do not appreciate people voicing opinions on how unreasonable my price is and starting an immature argument over it. If you have been following this thread, you would have noticed I've been steadily lowering the price.

And Jerseycat, who gave you the right to trash my thread with your nonsensical and unfounded, unwanted "advice"? Can you for one minute shut your face and just watch what's going on around you instead of always being right and having the last word?

This whole thing irks me.........

CC

I did not blame your friend. I said he did not help, and he did not help. My basic point was let this thread die and start over again. You are again letting your age control your emotions and actions rather than experience. This is the last advise I will give you because you once again ask why people are "trolling" your thread and when you get an answer you do not like , you start a teenage rant. let it die.

wheat