• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three Morgans 1888;1889&1900 All O's

6 posts in this topic

p3160014.th.jpg

A person I know needed a $100 bucks so I bought these three raw New Orleans coins in a wood box. Coins don't look too special but I would like to know opinions of grades.

Any other comments welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks Skeeter

You may check that '88-O to see if it is the "Hot-Lips" variety. Other than that, I agree with Coindude. You've got about $70 worth of silver in the coins. Plus $15-$20 for the wooden presentation box. But either way, you did a good deed by helping out a friend who was in need.

Turn the box into a cigar box and sell the silver to purchase more cigars! It's not likely that you have the "Hot-Lips" variety on that '88-O but I would check it out closely just to be sure before I let it go for a lower price than what you paid. Or just have the friend repay the $100 and return his set to him.

Deerefan No Hot Lips in thread photos or in hand. I'll just have to wait for silver to increase in value and consider the extra $30 as a gift for now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skeeter