• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any input on a few 43 wheats?

4 posts in this topic

I feel a little out of place posting these but if some of you wouldnt mind taking a moment to look at a poor mans coin id appreciate it. i was looking on coppercoins and found a few mint mark errors that looked close to these but im still to new to errors to base anything off my grading. thanks for looking

coin #1

43D_zps5c0ce99e.jpg43D-2_zpsa62e4d74.jpg

coin#2

19_3D-2_zpsbdd4786b.jpg

19_3D_zpsa333aa37.jpg

coin#3

3rd43d-3_zps7ad77c49.jpg

3rd43D-2_zps8b0d2a7a.jpg

3rd43d_zpsd342b325.jpg

coin#4

2nd43D-3_zpsd7d0748d.jpg

2nd43D-2_zpsf031f73e.jpg

2nd43D_zps6f346a74.jpg

The top one is from a worn out die. The S mint looks to have a grease filled die. The only one in my book that might be something is the bottom one and that one might be a repunched mint mark. They are all lower grade and probably wouldn't be worth much if any premium.

I don't know want your wanting to know but do you have a Red Book? If not you need to invest in one as soon as you can.

Are those steel pennies?

There were some that were struck on Bronze by mistake and have sold for over $100,000.00 according to the Red Book. You need to use a magnet to determine if any of those might have been plated with copper as well.

The Red Book does show 1943 D Boldly Double Mintmark and that may very well be what you have there. If so ...once again...the Red Book will tell you the value and shows a picture. I am sure you can obtain the same information on the internet elsewhere also.

I have no idea on that S and the 4 being missing or close to being missing. It looks as though it was a problem with the die and it not only affected the 4 but the mintmark as well. I don't see any reference in here to that so it might be very rare or maybe someone did it intentionally. It looks as though it is the die though.