• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAE West Point 25th Anniv. Set

15 posts in this topic

Get ready, here it comes, the latest version of the SAE. It looks like the latest anniversary set will be from West Point and it will have an "enhanced" uncirculated coin as well as a reverse proof. For additional information and pictures check the article at - http://mintnewsblog.com

No prices yet but the ordering dates starts on May 13 and go for 30 days. It will be interesting to see what they will be asking for this set.

Rich

Wonder how much they're going to rip us for this set? Another $150 I bet! I'm almost getting to the point of selling these things off. There will soon be soo many of these things that it will eventually just devalue these anymore. Except for the bullion content of course!

Based on my recent experience with Mint products I better order 30 of them and be ready to send back 29.....

No. Keep the one and sell the other 29 in the secondary market at 3X the original price!

jom

want be long till almost every year they will be making a reverse proof. I like the reverse proof but thought it was only going to be a one time deal. Now it seems like every other year they are producing a reverse proof.

Just like baseball cards, too many of the same thing just brings the value down.

Um, wasn't the 2011 the 25th Anniversary Set? You mean they are going to produce a 27th Anniversary Set this year?

Chris

Um, wasn't the 2011 the 25th Anniversary Set? You mean they are going to produce a 27th Anniversary Set this year?

Chris

No. They'll produce the 2nd Anniversary Set of the 25th Anniversary Set.

jom

Chris

No. They'll produce the 2nd Anniversary Set of the 25th Anniversary Set.

jom

I'd much rather see them produce a 2nd Anniversary set of the 1995 gold set at the original price.

Chris :devil:

Based on my recent experience with Mint products I better order 30 of them and be ready to send back 29.....

Funny, based on my recent experience getting my 25th sets graded, I might just buy my 70's already done from MCM or similar company.

NGC is getting to be too expensive for the average consumer just trying to get a set of 70's...

won't be long till almost every year they will be making a reverse proof.

Won't be long??? 2011, 2012, 2013 I think it's here bucko.

2011 was the 25th anniversary of the ASE, 2012 was the 75th anniversary of the Third San Fransico Mint, 2013 is the 25th anniversary of the West Point Mint. OK Folks what happened that they can celebrate in 2014 with a 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th, 125th, 150th or 200th anniversary two (or more) coin ASE set with an RP and a "distinctive finish" coin? Oh I've got it! The fiftieth anniversary of the end of silver circulating coins! A significant event, and a nice irony to celebrate the end of silver with silver.

No. Keep the one and sell the other 29 in the secondary market at 3X the original price!

jom

+1

The only reason I might get one is this

"These two coins will only be available in this special set. "

Uh-huh....where have I heard THAT before.....

Watch the small print and realize that meanings can be slippery. They can make that statement and put one or even each of the coins into a different set as well and the original statement would still be true because THESE TWO coins are still only available in that special set. The other sets only have one of them. Now if they were to say that each of these coins will only be available in this special set then you can sleep more soundly.

Call me a skeptic, but due to the fact that the "pay to the order of" line on the check o make out each year for paying my tax bill is the same organization as I make the check out to to purchase the coin sets, renders my trust level to an elevation of about my shoe laces....