• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enhanced ASE

12 posts in this topic

Thanks for the link. I'm not clear if this is an artists rendition or an actual strike. In either case, IMO this coin is awful. The contrasting finishes make it resemble those painted ASE s that you can find on eBay. It is a Walking Liberty cartoon.

Hey just my opinion. They'll probably sell like hotcakes.

Carl

Looks like the US Mint is gearing up for colorized coins...

Though I do have to say I like this one... Its pretty cool.

I would love to collect ASEs but they seem like a sucker coin... Meaning that the Mint will now do anything with them just to sucker collectors into buying them to make more sales. It seems impossible to put together an entire set of proofs and uncs with all of the special issues ect...

.......In either case, IMO this coin is awful. The contrasting finishes make it resemble those painted ASE s that you can find on eBay. It is a Walking Liberty cartoon.

Hey just my opinion. They'll probably sell like hotcakes.

Carl

(thumbs u

Carl, unless it looks different in hand, I'm with you. I have seen other countries use something a bit different that I like very much. Black mirrors, light cameo and heavy cameo. I think this would have been better served that way to be honest.

Give the mint a couple more years and they'll be putting out coins with holograms and coloring. Unless tactfully done, most of these types of coins are garish and hideous.

Gag...

Give the mint a couple more years and they'll be putting out coins with holograms and coloring. Unless tactfully tastefully done, most of these types of coins are garish and hideous.

Gag...

The Mint doesn't have any taste. Politicians have tact, but they don't make coins.

Chris :devil:

I will reserve judgement until I see other images or the coin in hand. Without any prior standard to compare it to I can't say if this image portrays it to its best advantage, average, or makes it look like a dog. I suspect it will look much different in hand.

From the pictures, I don't like it either; however, I too want to see other pictures before I come to a conclusion.

Some of the other mints are also selling silver with so many different choices. The Australian and Canadian mints come to mind. I've seen some neat coins like the Kangaroo at Sunset coin, but also a lot of cartoonish coins as well.

http://worldmintcoins.com/2009-australian-coins/2009-1-kangaroo-at-sunset-f12-privy-1oz-silver-coin

On the bullion side, I'm sticking with Silver Maples and the ASE's.