• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

77 posts in this topic

Apologies to the rest of the viewership...

One of the rules that Mumu broke was not having alts. Admittedly, that wasn't the reason for the bamming. I think he got bammed for an argument on the boards that spun out of control.

Do I get my next coin paid for by Mumu, since he admitted to breaking the no-alt rule?

EVP

Why was I banned as mumu? Point to a rule broken and you get a coin too. Blaming the alt issue for the original bogus banning is like arguiing that someone is guilty of something just because they are in jail.

Did they even tell you why you were banned?

Yes. I called PCGS and spoke to someone who spoke to Don Willis while I was on the phone. His reason was "For spamming the auctions of a banned member"...I didnt spam anyone's auctions. I noticed hat BNB had a coin on his ebay listings that was also in the inventory of a major dealer. At the time I knew BNB was a trouble poster so I thought that maybe he was involved in a scam of some sort. So I made a post pointing out that I had found a coin both on the dealers website and the ebay auction and that maybe someone who knew said dealer might want to call him and let him know. I did not know at the time it was common practice for dealers to "subcontract" their coins to other dealers and it certainly seemed odd that a major one would do so with a problem member(who at this point had already been banned). As a knee jerk reaction apparently the mere mention of BNB was enough to get banned. This was around the time he had been making funny videos of Don and so on.

At least Don takes your calls !

When I call PCGS all I get is a recording of the "California Crickets" singing "Don't Fence Me In." :)

There seems to be more flippers than there are collectors ATS, if they don't have a buyer, or their buyer backs out, so will they.

While I have not had this happen ATS there are indeed many more flippers on there now that in the past which could explain your difficuties.

Sometimes, it may be that or it may be the seller. Sometimes people don't want to deal with someone or they find out that what they thought they would be getting may not be exactly the same (ie....if something is listed as 1844 C gold $5 with fine details in PCGS, the person may not clue in immediately on "details", if they were even given that hint, and they may back out when they find out).

It wasn't me, so I am just doing a best guess at other issues. Without knowing who bailed out, it is hard to give any solid opinions as it could be many many different things.

I've only ever had an issue with one member who never followed through mailing a check for a coin. We started exchanging private messages again and I had completely forgotten the previous ordeal until he did the same thing on another two coins I had placed on hold for him.

I have had hundreds of transaction on the BST and never a real problem. An occasional buyer's remorse, an occasional slow payment or shipment, but nothing that ever made me bat an eye.

I have two concerns with this thread:

1. The OP tends to be hypercritical and generally unhappy with everything, and my conclusion is that he is at least as likely to be the source of the problem with the transaction as the next guy--if there is any problem at all. Most of the threads he starts here and there seem to be to complain about something or other.

2. The notion that the reason that the transactions ATS have not worked is because they are all flippers, non collectors, or other miscreants over there is a bunch of unfounded rubbish, propagated by folks who have a chip on their shoulder. I sold over $10,000 of real coins to real collectors ATS this week, and they were real happy to get the coins for their real collections.

2. The notion that the reason that the transactions ATS have not worked is because they are all flippers, non collectors, or other miscreants over there is a bunch of unfounded rubbish

+1

I have had hundreds of transaction on the BST and never a real problem. An occasional buyer's remorse, an occasional slow payment or shipment, but nothing that ever made me bat an eye.

2. The notion that the reason that the transactions ATS have not worked is because they are all flippers, non collectors, or other miscreants over there is a bunch of unfounded rubbish, propagated by folks who have a chip on their shoulder. I sold over $10,000 of real coins to real collectors ATS this week, and they were real happy to get the coins for their real collections.

I couldn't have said it better myself. So thanks for saying it for me.

What exactly is ATS ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1. The OP tends to be hypercritical and generally unhappy with everything, and my conclusion is that he is at least as likely to be the source of the problem with the transaction as the next guy--if there is any problem at all. Most of the threads he starts here and there seem to be to complain about something or other.

Interesting how some people seem to enjoy insulting people they do not know. What a jerk.

Largely due to 1) above, I have made it a point not to address the OP in any of his threads. But I have no problem conversing with those who post to his threads. And Robert, I agree, wholeheartedly with what you posted.

Largely due to 1) above, I have made it a point not to address the OP in any of his threads. But I have no problem conversing with those who post to his threads. And Robert, I agree, wholeheartedly with what you posted.

Mark your comment is disappointing and quite frankly unprofessional. Especially since I am a former client of yours and don't appreciate insults from you either. Bad mouthing past/present/future clients is not a good business model. Perhaps if you might apologize -- but suspect that that's not your nature is it. Just another puke. Thank You.

One of the rules that Mumu broke was not having alts. Admittedly, that wasn't the reason for the bamming. I think he got bammed for an argument on the boards that spun out of control.

Do I get my next coin paid for by Mumu, since he admitted to breaking the no-alt rule?

EVP

Why was I banned as mumu? Point to a rule broken and you get a coin too. Blaming the alt issue for the original bogus banning is like arguiing that someone is guilty of something just because they are in jail.

Yes. I called PCGS and spoke to someone who spoke to Don Willis while I was on the phone. His reason was "For spamming the auctions of a banned member"...I didnt spam anyone's auctions. I noticed hat BNB had a coin on his ebay listings that was also in the inventory of a major dealer. At the time I knew BNB was a trouble poster so I thought that maybe he was involved in a scam of some sort. So I made a post pointing out that I had found a coin both on the dealers website and the ebay auction and that maybe someone who knew said dealer might want to call him and let him know. I did not know at the time it was common practice for dealers to "subcontract" their coins to other dealers and it certainly seemed odd that a major one would do so with a problem member(who at this point had already been banned). As a knee jerk reaction apparently the mere mention of BNB was enough to get banned. This was around the time he had been making funny videos of Don and so on.

I wasn't aware of the highlighted.

I started this thread without any repercussions but perhaps I was just fortunate and it was overlooked by PCGS brass.

Thanks for bringing this back on track.

Some guy named Mark Feld hijacked my thread with his own personal attacks on me completely unrelated to my post. MF go away.

Mark your comment is disappointing and quite frankly unprofessional. Especially since I am a former client of yours and don't appreciate insults from you either. Bad mouthing past/present/future clients is not a good business model. Perhaps if you might apologize -- but suspect that that's not your nature is it. Just another puke. Thank You.

When did he "bad mouth" you? Yet at the same time you implied he's "just another puke". hm

jom

Me too. Thank you. MJ

EVP

I wasn't aware of the highlighted.

I started this thread without any repercussions but perhaps I was just fortunate and it was overlooked by PCGS brass.

I was banned nearly 2 years ago, at the height of the youtube video attacks. They are probably over BNB by now...but I am still banned.

I saw your post btw but disagree with your assessment of the quality of the pics. Better than the mean on ebay for sure but nowhere near the pros anyway.

Interesting how some people seem to enjoy insulting people they do not know. What a jerk.

Calling someone a jerk is an insult. Calling attention to the fact that a high percentage of the OP's threads are to complain about something or someone, like this thread, is just reporting the truth.

I have completed many positive transactions both here and ATS. Sure there is an occasional issue but that's often as much my fault as anyone else's.

I forgot to add: The notion that a greater percentage of members are going to be "jerks" based on which forum it is is ludicrous. It's not like these people are going "Hey, I'm going to be a jerk today, so I think I'll join the PCGS forum". I mean...really?

There may seem to be more problems ATS by virtue of the fact there are MORE people that post there....it's pretty simple. The percentage of "questionable" posters is probably just the same here as there or any of the other forums. And I can't imagine the number of problem transactions is any more either....

jom

I forgot to add: The notion that a greater percentage of members are going to be "jerks" based on which forum it is is ludicrous. It's not like these people are going "Hey, I'm going to be a jerk today, so I think I'll join the PCGS forum". I mean...really?

There may seem to be more problems ATS by virtue of the fact there are MORE people that post there....it's pretty simple. The percentage of "questionable" posters is probably just the same here as there or any of the other forums. And I can't imagine the number of problem transactions is any more either....

jom

I haven't noticed a large number of impolite, "jerkish," or similar posters on either forum; however, I very much agree with your statistical argument. There is no doubt that there is much more traffic ATS. The rate of "jerks" per hundred could be the same, and the forum with the greatest amount of traffic will have a larger number of jerks.

Let's not kid ourselves.The percentage is much higher here. MJ

...and would drop to zero if I left.

jom

...and would drop to zero if I left.

jom

No it wouldn't................ :devil:

You think? I dont think there are many JAGs here.. There are a few in the Water Cooler but I cant think of any in our forum. There are those who like to think they are at the top of the numismatic foodchain.. but thats about it.

Calling someone a jerk is an insult. Calling attention to the fact that a high percentage of the OP's threads are to complain about something or someone, like this thread, is just reporting the truth.

DirtyGoldMan and Feld are not jerks. They are good honest folk, with good heads on their shoulders.

Jimbucks, otoh, does start a lot whiney threads. This site used to be my preferred over ATS. But now, it feels as full of biting, nonsensical posts as ATS but with less volume.

Even with posts from knowledgeable contributors like Feld, James Garcia, Bill Jones and TDN (to name a few - there are MANY others that I left out) can't adequately elevate this place because of the high volume of whiney from jimbucks, Mumu and folks like them.

If my deceased Chinese grandmother can speak Yiddish, she'd utter "oye vay!".

EVP

I find it odd that some posters on this forum seem to be concerned with comparing this forum with the one ATS, the latter usually being described negatively.

That phenomenon occurs both here and there. For varying reasons, some posters on each forum prefer one grading company (and thus, its associated forum) over the other. And tend to be protective and/or defensive about it. This can result in an "us against them" mentality, which I feel is unfortunate.