• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census

2 posts in this topic

One of the valuable features of NGC grading is the ability to see how one's coins stack up versus others.

Currently that feature doesn't exist for most tokens and medals. I can see how the sheer number of categories

for these things along with the various grades, colors, etc. would make a formal census report daunting. May I suggest a compromise.

Make available a "read only" copy of the existing data base for a category that is not in the census report.

Allow members to do a simple "keyword" search that would show the appropriate records (up to some limit perhaps).

This would put the work on the member who wishes to seek out his or her British Historical Medal #xxx or Pidcock Middlesex #xxx

and to draw whatever information desired from the list of data records.

I personally would never need a formal population report if this were available.

Bob

• Administrator

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. Most tokens and medals are not shown in the NGC Census because only a tiny percentage of the total population has been certified by NGC. If we were to show the graded populations it would give a false sense of rarity for many tokens and medals, which could cause buyers and sellers to misinterpret the information. As the populations increase, however, we plan to add new tokens and medals categories to the NGC Census. For example, we recently added Civil War Tokens.