• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Liberty Type - recent pickup

8 posts in this topic

I recently started buying "junk silver" in addition to silver bullion rounds and eagles and recently saw a CL listing that included a 1875 twenty cent piece and a 1877 half dollar piece. With some quick research, I found out they weren't asking much for them in addition to the silver coins so I figured "what the hell" and bought them.

They are pretty rough and have been around but are these still desirable in their very circulated state?

1875-S Seated Liberty Twenty-Cent

1875-twenty-cent_zps657dfb67.jpg

1877 Seated Liberty Half Dollar

1877-half-dollar_zpsba458e07.jpg

i "love" em :cloud9:

as they are heavily circulated and yet they are basically problem free "gem circ." coins

with history to tell my opinion the 20 cent piece is the cream of the 2 coins

but i "luv" both

You did well. At least someone didn't take a wire brush to try to clean them before selling them.

Very Cool.

Thanks for the comments. I do like the look of the half dollar even with a couple of rim dings but I was thinking about getting rid of the twenty cent piece. Surprisingly my wife suggested I keep it since it is uncommon even in its circulated state.

gem circulated cameo... I like that