• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1937 S Daniel Boone Commemorative, NGC MS67

7 posts in this topic

Selling from my collection, a beauty of an early commemorative:

1937 S Daniel Boone Commemorative Half, NGC MS67. Rainbow toned, high grade, silver, mintage of only 2,506...what more could you want in a coin?

NGC price guide lists this coin at $1,800 in this grade - would like to sell it and put the money into other areas of my collection, so I'm ONLY asking $1,500. The coin is currently listed on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251181980448?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I figure I'll lose 13% to eBay/PayPal fees...so why not pass the savings on to you? Coin is currently on consignment at Eagle Coin in O'Fallon, IL. Photos are available at the eBay listing page...

Any questions, let me know!

I figure I'll lose 13% to eBay/PayPal fees...so why not pass the savings on to you?

Best of luck with your sale, but...

For a coin at that price level, the eBay/PayPal fees are MUCH less than 13%

BIN Sale price = $1,800

eBay Fees = $79.00

PayPal Fees = $52.50

-------------------------------------------

Net take home = $1,668.50

-------------------------------------------

Total fees = $131.50

Total fee % = 7.31%

Perhaps you're right (not arguing) but the end goal of my statement was that I'm willing to accept a reasonable offer a decent amount less than the retail value...and I'd prefer not to pay eBay/PayPal whenever possible. If the buyer and myself can split those fees, why not advertise it as such?

Perhaps you're right (not arguing) but the end goal of my statement was that I'm willing to accept a reasonable offer a decent amount less than the retail value...and I'd prefer not to pay eBay/PayPal whenever possible. If the buyer and myself can split those fees, why not advertise it as such?

I totally agree...$1500 is an extremely fair price for a coin of that caliber. I was just dispelling a bit of the anti-eBay/Paypal myth. I hope you can sell it; and, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to derail your Buy/Sell/Trade thread.