• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the value?

15 posts in this topic

Gray Sheet bid is only $74. I'd say $100 is all the money and then some. When I was dealer, other bouse dealers happy when they could get "bid" for common date certified Morgan dollars.

That's kind of the range I was thinking too but I had a private party offer it and they were asking $245.

That's simply too high but certainly one is free to spend what they like for a coin but I don't believe the coin could be resold for $245 anytime soon hm

The color is nothing special for me, and I don't like the strike, though it isn't uncommon for this date to show poor strikes. I'd guess it's worth $75 wholesale, $95 retail.

Morgans2144_zpsaf0a664a.jpg[/img]

Shane should have a good feel for prices but seems to me like he had a similar coin in one of his auctions back a few months ago that I wanted (pleasant blue color) and I bid something crazy like maybe over $300 and I lost. The one I have posted here I bought at the 2013 FUN for $150 and I jumped on it at that price. I would have willingly paid $200. I am not sure of the value of the coin in question, but I think it is worth more-maybe $200. I know I overpay sometimes but buying toners is not like buying white coins. Each one is unique and you may not see another real similar one in a while. If you like it ask the dealer for a better price. Good hunting!

Morgans2144_zpsaf0a664a.jpg[/img]

Shane should have a good feel for prices but seems to me like he had a similar coin in one of his auctions back a few months ago that I wanted (pleasant blue color) and I bid something crazy like maybe over $300 and I lost. The one I have posted here I bought at the 2013 FUN for $150 and I jumped on it at that price. I would have willingly paid $200. I am not sure of the value of the coin in question, but I think it is worth more-maybe $200. I know I overpay sometimes but buying toners is not like buying white coins. Each one is unique and you may not see another real similar one in a while. If you like it ask the dealer for a better price. Good hunting!

This one has richer blues, also greens and a touch of magenta from what I can see and if in an MS64 holder I would value it at around $200.....just because someone may pay $300 one time doesn't necessarily set the market....I try to use multiple sales and or what I would normally expect to pay and I don't believe I would pay more than $125 for the original coin posted unless the color was much deeper in hand. (thumbs u

Gray Sheet bid is only $74. I'd say $100 is all the money and then some. When I was dealer, other bouse dealers happy when they could get "bid" for common date certified Morgan dollars.

I agree.

I agree.

You old farts :baiting: