• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fund raiser for NGC posted by #

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC is a private company unlike PCGS corporation with stock holders.

If some one is so unhappy why don't they just leave? I think we should help NGC buy out DrDarryls' membership to better our community. I'll start with a pledge of $20 with any excess to be given to a Medical Doctor of his choice for medication and therapy. No one is forced to join NGC or stay for that matter. As for those who are unhappy that I'm wasting / inappropriate use of the journal section I apologize.

See more journals by #

While Dr Darryls rave is definately an overreaction I can certainly see the reason for his frustration and it is quite unfair to suggest revoking his Collectors Society membership. I have really enjoyed his informative Journals on Hawaiian medals and hope that they will continue once the current situation is resolved.

My experience with NGC is that they have exceptional customer service so I am sure that they will make things right on Monday. In the meantime enough is enough. Lets stop posting about this and let Dr. Darryl and NGC work things out.

I have sent in over 300 coins to NGC in 9 different submissions. I have always had great service and the submissions were completed in a timely fashion. I have waited longer for PCGS submissions but nothing compared to the wait Dr.D. has been through. Still, just a few calls (and contacting the proper person) would have been more appropriate.

By the way -(speaking of Fund Raising)--- I have a great deal coming up on Silver FT Roosevelt dimes and will need to sell most of what I have on my page and the dimes in my sets on G G's Keepers page. The Silver and Clad sets on G G's Keepers member page now say FOR SALE --- Any interest let me know.

Later--Rick

NGC has areas of opportunity just as PCGS and any other grading service for that matter, however, Dr. Darryl is going a little over the top.

There are two sides to every story. One has to think that even the worst customer service would have had the situation handled by this time, so I personally feel there may be a bit more to this. I don't know and I really don't care. Not my coins.....

Hey, I can get impatient too, especially when I attempt to get resolution on an issue (in general, not directing this to NGC) and either get brushed aside or receive what I believe to be lip service. I think that is human nature, but after having the Vice President of the company respond and tell you he will address the situation personally on Monday I think Dr. Darryl could ease up a bit and see how it plays out.

Day 107 is a Sunday after all.....

Let's not start bringing the whole discussion board with a call to buy somebody out of their membership. What's the upside to this behavior?

Whatever areas of opportunity NGC has will not keep me from only buying coins graded by them. I choose to do so for a reason and that reason is I feel they are the best, most consistent grading service in the industry.

Peace~

My only desire now is that this be resolved quickly to the mutual satisfaction of both Dr Darryl and NGC. No one wins when one or the other party feels that they need to break off the relationship. I know that should Dr Darryl leave I will miss his insightful posts on Hawaiian exonumia. Of particular interest to me was his desire to discover previously unknown information about his medals. It is perhaps because Dr Darryl is blazing a new trail with new information that this has blown way out of proportion. I hope that Dr Darryl and NGC are able to work this out for the benefit of the entire numismatic community.

Gary

In another thread an NGC representative indicated he'd look into the Dr's. issues Monday morning. I'd suggest everyone just chill and see where this goes.

After some research I'd expect some private communication between the parties. A commitment should also be forthcoming. I'd further expect that since the Dr. chose to make his dispute public, that some statement of the facts and status of the matter be posted just to fill us all in and restore the faith in NGC of the few who sympathize with the Dr's. grievances.

It's a certainty that the Dr. will air his side of the story.

I'm very sorry I have this opinon, As I'm a Christian And a totally disabled vet.

Being a Christian I feel compeled to see Mr gomez's side of this problem. however being disabled I see more hate and disrespect than I can handle on some days, the last 2 have for me been full of disrespect and stupity from a so call educated man who was told in public from the company VP that he would look into and fix his problem within 48 hours when his company opened on monday. But he disregards this most thoughtful response and continues to rant.

Ngc has not had his coins for 107 days like he claims but closer to 60 and with the 2 holidays in the middle and at least 2 major trade shows that Ngc sends graders and other company personnal to I can understand some unforgenate mistakes. I myself have had coins come back mislabled and it took me almost 8 months to see the mistake and Ngc reslabed my coins at no cost and paid the shipping both ways so I know they own up to there mistakes and correct them in a timly matter.

So Mr. Gomez I for one have heard enought about this petty problem that so far has cost you nothing but time. So please dont post about this until you hear from the company VP and then tell us how nicely NGC corrected this problem as I know for a fact you will be more than thankful for what this great company will do for you as long as you havent already burnt your bridges.....

Happy collecting and may God Bless all your lives as he has mine........Mike