• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading of error coin

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a error proof coin that i am going to sent in for grading, and i know that i will have to pay $12.00 for this error coin. The tier is mint error tier, will i have to pay the $12.00 for the rest of the coin that are not error coin, this coin is a 2011P silver eagle reverse proof from my 25th anniversary set, also will this coin still come back as 25th anniversary early releases, thank you for your help,. Don :gossip:

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. You will have to select a grading tier for all coins, but you only need to select the Mint Error service for the one coin that requires that service. You would receive the 25th Anniversary Set pedigree on the Reverse Proof but the Early Releases cutoff date has passed so you could not receive that designation.

Hi Max, This coin has already been graded, my next question is would this coin be returned at the grade it presently hold's, which is PF-69 UC ER, also this coin would have to be reholder, so would i mark reholder with$7.50 more on the submission from., Thank you Don

• Administrator

We guarantee that the grade would not go down so you wouldn't have to worry about that. For Mint Error or VarietyPlus the coins will be sealed in a new holder at no additional charge. Just note that you cannot combine holdered coins and raw coins on the same submission form.