• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I get your opinion?

21 posts in this topic

I'm not looking to sell this here. I just want to see if anyone thinks I should change anything about my listing. Should I leave out that I think it's in F condition and just let everyone judge for themselves? I want to be sure that I'm honest about it. Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271159492469

I'm not looking to sell this here. I just want to see if anyone thinks I should change anything about my listing. Should I leave out that I think it's in F condition and just let everyone judge for themselves? I want to be sure that I'm honest about it. Thanks!!

....you've had luck with detailed, honest listings in the past.....why change now (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I know, but I was thinking that I should leave the word fine out. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky and just leave it. I did say to judge for yourself. Thanks Jimbo.

...a mod can remove this if need be. Thanks!

The coin is probably better than fine anyway. It does appear to have had a cleaning. With coins like this assigning a grade is better. If there are a hundred 1917 Type 1's on E-Bay's list collectors often put in their search grades they want just to eliminate those they cannot afford.

Well, that was one of my main concerns. I thought it may have been cleaned as well, but I also heard that it just looks circulated with regular wear marks. I'll just let it ride and see what happens. Thanks for your input!

If you mention ultra rare pq cacable 1917 standing liberty type 1 you might get more views and bids.....just joking! Looks good.

Mike

Then all he would need to do would be to abuse adjectives like "rare," "unique," "one of a kind," "premium quality," etc. :)

To the original poster: Thank you for being an ethical seller and attempting to use proper selling etiquette. It is always refreshing and very much appreciated to see. I wish the other 99.999% of eBay sellers would follow suit. It would make purchasing, searching, and even selling much nicer.

I wish the other 99.999% of eBay sellers would follow suit.

99.999%? You mean there are only two? I would have thought there would be more than that.

Chris

I wish the other 99.999% of eBay sellers would follow suit.

99.999%? You mean there are only two? I would have thought there would be more than that.

Chris

OK so I exaggerated ever so slightly. :devil:lol

Give or take a couple of dozen;

Nothing I see requires change. However, it is not a "key date" by the parameters most collectors would consider.

Thanks James. I was thinking its more of the type that's rare, but I was hoping that the people who'd be interested would know exactly what it is. I'll tweak it a little. Thanks for pointing that out.

$5.26 and 2 watchers :) My goal is to get more than I paid. $26 I believe

I do not do much in the way of descriptions, much like Great Collections and Teletrade do not but let the grading services and the pictures give clarity.

I suppose that I could give very florid or ostentatious descriptions like this but would it attract interest or trouble?

"One of the finest of this type that we have personally handled, and frankly far too valuable to submit to the grading services which I am sure would salivate over this extremely rare and special coin and put it in their choicest holder. Purchased from a Florida estate of a multi-millionare, who every Sunday invited over an exclusive group of other king-pins of industry where they enjoyed this royal hobby with great passion and excitement. This is truly a one of a kind coin that is sure to attract spirited bidding. We would personally hold on to this coin as part of the "Excaliber Olariat" pedigree, but want to give the world and eager collecters a chance to own this rare piece of numismatic history."