• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Very Cool PENNY EXONUMIA!!!

7 posts in this topic

Just got these fantastic photos back from Todd of more of my penny exonumia. As I mentioned before, I'm writing an article (and possibly putting together an exhibit for the Summer ANA) on "Penny Exonumia" so I was very excited to add these little guys to my collection.

I bought this rare Wonder Bread "Sticker Penny" from John Kraljevich. Even though it is a simplistic advertising medium, it seems that not many of these sticker pennies survived.

8.jpg

I also bought this interesting Hobo Penny from John - it's a little crude, but it was the first Hobo Penny I'd seen!

9.jpg

This hard to find piece is a "Pop Out" or "Push Out" penny made from a 1904 Indian cent from Teddy Roosevelt's 1904 Presidential Campaign

10.jpg

This is just a pretty toned penny with "The Lord's Prayer" carved or stamped on the reverse

13.jpg

These next few are sometimes referred to as "Pie Cutters/Crimpers" but since they don't have holes punched in the middle, they were perhaps used as clock gears; or they could have simply been carved to be used as jewelry

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

Charmy

Your personal collection is phenomenal and I would love to see it on exhibit. I can never get enough of the pictures you post, how much of your collection is photographed?

Nick