• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Highway Hoard question.

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how many coins were graded in this hoard? Any further break down of grades would be great to know also. And any general history of this hoard.

Post a picture if you own one.

Nick

The information I have found on the hoard is that it was a group of approximately 8,000 silver dollars that were found in total.

What I haven't found is whether all 8,000 were graded and given the "Lincoln Highway Hoard" pedigree.

I know with the Battle Creek Collection there were 10,000 silver dollars found and graded by NGC. But only about 1500 of those were given the "Battle Creek Collection" pedigree on the labels. They were the coins getting star grades and having really nice toning.

My guess is that only the toned coins from the Lincoln Highway Hoard were given the pedigree as well since the only pedigreed NGC coins I've seen on the market have had some toning. Surely there were lots of plain white coins amongst the coins in the hoard too.

Here's my best example:

3323747004.jpg