• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Update

2 posts in this topic

...coupon grading dilemma and other ramblings.

I have been meaning to write this entry for about a week, but am glad I waited. I received my renewal coupon today and now I have a dilemma. You may recall my previous journal entry when I told about a gift from a co-worker. She brought me back a 1993 proof set from The Pawn Stars shop in Las Vegas. I told her I was going to make a special 1993 proof registry set here and name it for us. So now, do I use my coupon for these, or should I send in my Buffalo nickels I already set aside???

Part of me says to send in the proof set. Since it was a gift, using the coupon would hold down the cost of making the registry set, as I would only have to buy the 3 silver coins and have no cost in the purchase and grading of the other 5.

But I really need to work on my Buffalo nickels. I only have 2 coins in the set and it is way past time to add some coins to it. I guess I will keep debating, but I did want to maybe send a grading order in Monday. Any suggestions or comments would be read and thought about.

I did complete my proof Westward Journey Nickel set. I believe I mentioned I made a purchase on the Numishow site. I have the site on my favorites, and intend to check it out from time to time. My photo this entry will be the nice Greek currency I also ordered.

My next goal will be to complete my Lincoln bicentennial proof set. With only 4 coins I did not forsee such a problem finishing it. I may add the 2 I need in 69 as I did with the Nickels, as sometimes I can become very impatient to finish. These 2 sets do not really move me to be perfect 70's all the way. It would be nice, but not a major requirement.

I also want to keep current on the National Parks quarters. I see the 2013 issues are listed so now I am even further behind. Oh well, I will keep plugging away.

Thanks for reading.

13042.png

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer