• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple more Shillings

6 posts in this topic

Jason these are both extremely nice pieces. I'm on vacation right now so I missed the grading fun... :(

That first year (1953) QE2 Shilling is pretty easy to find in gem+ grades, and I really like the luster and reverse shield design. The one your posted is an MS66 all day long (thumbs u

The 1893 Veiled Vicky has some nice (and typical) toning, and lots of luster underneath. I think the strike on the obverse is a bit mushy around the shoulder (limiting the grade to 64) and the poor holder is scratched all to heck, but still a nice piece. At first I thought it looked like an off center strike or something, but I think it's just the funny cropping of the images -- maybe you were tilting this one a bit when you imaged it, so it's a bit oblong looking in the pics. Nonetheless, a very nice pick up. Congrats! :D