• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1825 CBH: Grade Posted

11 posts in this topic

How much do you think the weak left wing hurts value wise?

You have to take a weak strike into account when grading these. Yes, the left wing is poorly struck (no surprise there), but the level of wear overall indicates a solid VF grade. The value is not going to be hurt by a weakly struck left wing, because it is expected.

I was net grading. I think VF 20 money is fair, fine 15 money would be pushing it (in terms of being too stringent in my opinion).

Thanks guys. I'm no CBH expert but realized a weak left wing is pretty common. This one did go cheap for the grade which I'll post tomorrow.

The rim bruise does appear to be a ding and not edge lettering rolled into the obverse. It is right above the "Y" in FIFTY though. :blush:

I was net grading. I think VF 20 money is fair, fine 15 money would be pushing it (in terms of being too stringent in my opinion).

Thanks guys. I'm no CBH expert but realized a weak left wing is pretty common. This one did go cheap for the grade which I'll post tomorrow.

The rim bruise does appear to be a ding and not edge lettering rolled into the obverse. It is right above the "Y" in FIFTY though. :blush:

I appreciate you posting this coin; it has raised a lot of interesting questions for me and I believe I learned something valuable as a result. I can see in hindsight that I was being a bit too harsh.

NGC graded it VF25. A fair grade, I thought it may have lost 5 points for the rim bump or weak left wing.

It is very beautiful in-hand with nice color and clean surfaces.

1825CBHslab_zps1552a86c.jpg