• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 Coin Silver Spoons for trade (below melt)

3 posts in this topic

I have 7 coin silver spoons that appear to be ranging from early to late 19th century based on the hallmarks. None of the hallmarks are known to be rare, but these spoons are generally quite collectible and in great shape. A cloth carrier is included.

I'm going to let them go for basically less than melt. They're presumed content is at least 87% (at times these types of spoons were created by melting silver coins; should be close to 90% pure). Total grams = 204.14; minimum presumed silver weight = 177.60 grams (about 5.7 troy ounces)

I'll consider trade based on a valuation of at least 5 oz of silver. So, I'd consider 1 ATB 5 oz coin, cash, or send me what you think (but in fairness, please value your part of the trade at a wholesale bid as mine is basically below wholesale).

AllSpoons_small_zps7ef29237.jpg

Wendell hallmark

Wendell_small_zps059434e3.jpg

L. Scott hallmark (1840?)

LScott_small_zpsd510aa11.jpg

Geo A. Hoyt hallmark (1822-1846)

Hoyt_small_zps6a64459c.jpg

Unknown hallmark

UnknownMaker_small_zps0f4135ad.jpg

really good photos of the hallmarks and under melt too!

i looked a couple of these silversmiths up on the internet and there is some good history here too

good luck prethen (thumbs u