• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry set updates

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A registry has been installed for Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles 1907-32 and is ready to use.

As many of you have discovered already, proofs may now be included within the USA Type Set. For minor coins, these begin with the Flying Eagle Cent and include all two-cent, three-cent and five-cent types. For silver coins, these begin with the Seated Liberty with Drapery types. Earlier types are not presently included. They may be added if a number of users indicate that they have such coins to submit.

I doubt that I would ever have the resources, or make the decision to purchase an early proof coin, but I would like to see the ability to add them if a collector desires.

It can only strengthen the Registry program to have a comprehensive Type set and should help attract new participants in the future.

I intend to soon complete a Reeded Edge half set in Proof and would like to use those coins in my Type sets.

I anticipate, down the road a bit, purchasing other early proofs and would like to use them in my type sets, also. But it may be a while on those.

Who knows - maybe one day that 1804????

David: Any thoughts on a Lincoln Wheat cent, with out the Memorial? I have nothing against the Memorial, certainly, but my interest is with the Wheats.

Thanks for your consideration. tongue.gif

Thanks for the welcome Charlie, it's great to be here. I had been waiting a long time for NGC to add a Saint Gaudens set, so I finially asked. A couple of days later I see this post. What a surprise! Thanks again NGC, I guess here the collector is king.

I have had my set posted in the PCGS register for over a year, but always wanted to have my NGC coins included. I never wanted too play the crossover game with coins that were properly graded in their NGC holders. Now this is truly the best of both worlds.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Thanks,

John

I went through the same process with the other Registry, mine was Peace Dollars. My set sat in the PCGS Registry, stuck at about 85% completion because I would not crossover some coins. Finally, I reached the realization that this was a null position. I shut down all my sets and moved them here.

Anyhow it is nice to have another gold person here. Goodluck. tongue.gif