• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Kennedy Variety's I removed from my set due to WRONG ATTRIBUTION

3 posts in this topic

I had added these coins last year when I bought them based on the attribution given by our host. Never thinking to verify them my self. After setting up to photograph my registry set I noticed the 1966 SMS MS66 VP-004 DDO is not that Variety. I then checked all 7 of my NGC certified Kennedy halfs and found my 1966 SMS MS68 FS-013.8 is not the FS-103 that the certification number says it is. These 2 varieties have die markers that can been seen with the naked eye and should not have been wrongly attributed. I have now removed these two coins from my registery set.

I strongly advise all Kennedy Registry set members to verify what they think they have.

I contacted customer service yesterday and as yet have not received and answer if this problem is covered under thier guaranty program.

Regards, Larry

I guess I should have been a little more patient with Customer service, they just contacted me and coins will be going in for Variety Review.

If incorrectly attributed my shipping costs will be refunded.

Regards, Larry

Again, FS-013.8 was previously used for both business strike and SMS 1966 Kennedy halves, at a time when the services were not distinguishing all of the various 1966 SMS dies. Thus, 013.8 was placed on several of the major varieties of the 1966 SMS DDO, rather than sending them back without a DDO designation. All the strong varieties are worth roughly the same amount, so it's just a matter of having the holder updated, which I previously suggested they would be willing to do for you.