• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CL.S" Versus "TYPE 2" In Graded 1979-S Proof SBA Dollars

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I purchased a 1979-S Susan B. Anthony graded PF69 UC by NGC. The coin is in an old style holder whose label uses the designation "CL.S" instead of the more recent "TYPE 2". In addition, an "S" appears to the left of the "$1", and "ULTRA CAM" appears before "PF 69" rather than the other way around. I've attached a copy of the label for illustration.

I was hoping you could clear up the differences between this label and the current standard. Are the discrepancies simply a reflection of evolving practices? If I send the coin into NGC for reholdering, will NGC update the label's designations to the current standard?

Thanks for any insight you can provide smile.gif !

589a8ab0a80fd_95806-1979-SSBACL.SLabel.JPG.80799c9bd49c949e7a8815e44c0bb371.JPG

Beijim,

As you noted, the information on the certificate is the result of evolving business practices. Should you resubmit the coin, the certificate would be updated to display the information as you've become accustomed to seeing them. There is a reholder fee of $5 for this service plus your return postage.

Rick