• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough with the Easy GTGs. Try these!

9 posts in this topic

Picked these up recently. I didn't mean to get the Queen Anne (since I already bought a killer at FUN, and I'm really only doing type). But I had put a tracking bid on it before FUN, and surprisingly won this one for cheep (as our Daft Englishman would say).

The second one is going to be the real challenge. My pictures portray the coin quite well.

IMG_9943_zpseba1648d.jpg

IMG_9945_zps6fe8042e.jpg

IMG_9962_zpsa2c22bed.jpg

IMG_9972copy_zps80b2a47c.jpg

AU-50 (maybe XF-45/8) and AU-58. You said the second is darn tough, so I figure it's a trick and not a 64+ like it actually looks like. I have no idea what a gem of this series should look like though.

I will shoot with XF-45 and AU-58.

The hair details are worn flat enough to deny an AU grade on the first coin.

On the second coin, I see the slightest hint of rub, which wouldn't by itself negate an MS grade, but the luster appears muted, hence my AU-58 guess.

I'd say XF45 on the Anne.

The Vickie is in a PCGS holder, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it a bit grade-flated to MS65. I personally think it is an MS64. It has great eye appeal except for that black spot on the obverse at 5 o-clock. The Jubilee Victoria bust is one of my favorites!!

I would be proud to own either/both of these coins. (thumbs u

Good guesses everyone!

Most of y'all were pretty close on the Anne. NGC graded her XF-45, and I agree with the grade.

The Vicky, however! First, the PCGS grade is 66. I think this is high by at least a point, and would personally grade it a nice 65. The luster on the obverse is muted, although the reverse is flashy. The toning is very eye appealing, with greens and blues on both sides. The obverse has a large number of marks, however, which restrict the grade to 65. PCGS is less well-regarded for foreign coinage than NGC, and there is a reason why. As a 65, this coin would be perfectly graded.

Good guesses everyone!

Most of y'all were pretty close on the Anne. NGC graded her XF-45, and I agree with the grade.

The Vicky, however! First, the PCGS grade is 66. I think this is high by at least a point, and would personally grade it a nice 65. The luster on the obverse is muted, although the reverse is flashy. The toning is very eye appealing, with greens and blues on both sides. The obverse has a large number of marks, however, which restrict the grade to 65. PCGS is less well-regarded for foreign coinage than NGC, and there is a reason why. As a 65, this coin would be perfectly graded.

I am okay with that Vickie in an NGC MS65 holder (the reverse is really a 66, but the obverse looked "dull" to me luster wise -- maybe just the pics). But, PCGS 66 is high...

It's still a beautiful coin, nonetheless. Congrats on your new pick ups.