• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Seated Half that goes well with my Neon Bust Half!

35 posts in this topic

Unless it looks vastly different in hand, this is no where near the same league as your bust half. That reverse is way too dark. There are some interesting and unusual colors, yes, and this coin appears to be attractive (if dark). But that Bust half is something truly remarkable.

I love that Seated Half - I am one who likes dark toned coins .

The Quarter is also very nice.

You have good taste Ankur.

Here is my dark toned 1811 Bust Half.

133929.jpg.507b36115047eca7306af8f91dc04010.jpg

133930.jpg.dc16cad9ae2ff020f841437afca51194.jpg

Here's another one while we are at it :devil:

1833qtr.jpg

You've had this for while haven't you? Whatever the case, it's one of my favs!

jom

Yup, small scratch kept it in a AU holder. The coin is MS otherwise.

Even from an image beyond the scratch it's quite easy to see adequate obverse/reverse rub which keeps it in a AU holder.

A scratch has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether the coin is MS or AU. Only the presence of wear will keep the coin from MS - and the coin has wear.

A scratch has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether the coin is MS or AU. Only the presence of wear will keep the coin from MS - and the coin has wear.

I agree, other than the fact that I would have said the coin appears to have wear, rather than that it has wear. But I'm a pain in the butt.

But I'm a pain in the butt.

I don't know where you get that Mark

Did you take the image of the Seated half dollar down? I don't see it. hm

Regardless, the Capped Bust quarter is AU because of wear, not because of a small scratch.

This coin does appear to have wear and I would not consider it MS. A scratch would only lower the MS grade, not cause an MS to become AU. However, a scratch or excessive marks can lower a higher AU grade down to AU53 or AU50, in some cases.

Did you take the image of the Seated half dollar down? I don't see it. hm

Regardless, the Capped Bust quarter is AU because of wear, not because of a small scratch.

The Seated Half is imaged in the first post.

Now I can see it. When I first posted it was coming up as a red x, perhaps the problem was with the server where the image is hosted. hm

I remember this coin. It has a heck of a dramatic look to it.